Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Comments and Questions about the Wanderlodge factory (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   new owner of the wanderlodge factory (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4366)

Randy Dupree 10-17-2009 10:39 PM

new owner of the wanderlodge factory

The new owner of the wanderlodge factory is Karl Moburg (sp?)
hes a young guy,less than 50 i would guess.

He was at the auction and he bought things he needs to get the plant going again.
Big tools,machines etc.
He didnt buy any parts or anything related to any bus thats ever been built at the plant.

He has a soft spot in his heart for wanderlodge owners,he plans on getting the Birds nest cleaned up and back in shape for us, wanderlodge owners everywhere to use and enjoy.
There will be something required from us,the owners of wanderlodges.
I don't think there will be a nightly charge,it will be another form of payment,we may be asked to contract a lawn service,or something like that to keep it looking good.
This is still being sorted out.

Karl also has given us a few gifts to give out at the rallys,we will not tell you at this time what we are giving out,but we will talk about this and pass the items out at the RATS.

Karl and company will be building busses at the factory,a different style from what has been built here in the past,tour busses at first,then who knows?
This bus hes going to build has had all of the design work done,and busses have already been built (i don't know where,or by whom)so,what he needs is to get the factory cleaned up,and get his lines organized and get to work building busses.

Good luck to you Karl!

Hes also going to do wanderlodge service...

fxdwg 10-17-2009 10:44 PM

And so the process starts!! Maybe we will see the marque back. Good luck to him. I'll start carrying my weedwacker when I come that way. It's a great stress reliever.

Randy Dupree 10-17-2009 10:49 PM

we were planning to mow the grass tomorrow,but the company mower will not start,we may get it fixed tomorrow,we are trying to put a 625HP cummins under the seat of it tonite.
Pass the beer,Ed...

davidmbrady 10-17-2009 10:58 PM

Randy,

We're sitting around listening to Christmas music, and somehow I can't get the smile of my face. :) Somebody, pinch me.

DennyCayman 10-17-2009 11:13 PM

Randy

That is great news to hear and us know how we can help.

Denny

jasonwarner 10-17-2009 11:16 PM

Bird's Nest

Yea! I had always hoped I'd get a chance to go stay in the Bird's Nest! Too bad I couldn't do it in the glory days!

yesmar 10-18-2009 09:42 AM

Start RATS early at the Nest

I can come a couple days before RATS with my Weed Whacker, lawn mower, etc. Why not start the Rally two days early at the nest and then move to Twin Oaks?

Richard

Stephen 10-18-2009 09:55 AM

there are 2 weed wackers there plus a push mower they were in the laundry room at the club house there was also a roll of string for the weed wackers.

bring gas straight gas for the mover and 32;1 gas mix for the weed eaters

We attempted to show Randy how to use these items but he resisted claiming his knee hurt,bad back.sore shoulder, indigestion, not strong enough,incompetent instructors, no electric start, no seat, too cold, not enough light and a few choice words

there is however a ride on toro at the factory maybe we can get permission to use it I do believe it runs but currently it will not start must be the kysor tempstat or the aquahot or lack of fuel

if we get permission to use the nest if everyone cuts one lot and trims a bunch it will not be a hardship

Coach Driver 10-18-2009 12:41 PM

Great news!!!! This years RATS continues to take on new meanings!:rolleyes:

cherl 10-18-2009 12:50 PM

Let us know what the plan is. We can head that way anytime from here in South Carolina. Will be happy to help anyway we can.