Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Under The Awning (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Connie's shoulder surgery (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16495)

irmagoo 05-06-2013 10:26 AM

Connie's shoulder surgery

hi folks
my bride connie went in may 1st. for shoulder replacement...all went well got her home next day...she is being a good patient so far...i know shes jones-n to go shopping but that down the road a ways from now cause i'd have to carry her purse and pay i'm not up to that yet!!... i am posting this for those of you who have been inquiring...nothing is wrong just an up date
thanks mike n connie

iamflagman 05-06-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irmagoo (Post 205622)
hi folks
my bride connie went in may 1st. for shoulder replacement...all went well got her home next day...she is being a good patient so far...i know shes jones-n to go shopping but that down the road a ways from now cause i'd have to carry her purse and pay i'm not up to that yet!!... i am posting this for those of you who have been inquiring...nothing is wrong just an up date
thanks mike n connie

Good news for sure, she'll be able to smack you up side yo head soon enough. Just because she currently doesn't have a purse that matches your outfit isn't an excuse to not take her shopping, you can always look for that while you two are browsing the isles at the mall, I'm sure that you two could find something for you :rolleyes:;):eek::D

For now just go out to the shop and grab one of your tool bags like this one and throw it across your shoulder, and call that good enough.

lea 05-06-2013 02:25 PM

Hope she heals quickly for both your sakes!! 25 more days! Hugs 4 you both:).

Buckeye Bird 05-07-2013 01:17 PM

I've been told that shoulder surgery can be difficult. Hope Connie doesn't find that to be the case and recovers quickly.

exxis 05-07-2013 01:50 PM

Glad to hear all is well, we will keep the two of you in our prayers for a fast recovery.

Dieselbird01 05-07-2013 03:24 PM

Get well soon Connie!

KCSS 05-07-2013 04:18 PM

No back stroke this week huh? :rolleyes:
Get well soon
Swimming season is rapidly approaching:)

Bill Pape 05-07-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irmagoo (Post 205622)
hi folks
thanks mike n connie

Hope Connie is becoming pain free & gaining use of her arm soon.
Is this shoulder thing contagious??, Patty gets her right shoulder worked over tomorrow and then the left in 4 to 6 weeks.
We purchased a power recliner chair and a new TV.
She did not think the captains chair from the Bird would work out in our home.
Mike, let me know the duties of the assistant support House Husband.
I want to do a good job & keep Patty fed and comfortable for a quick recovery

markbragdon 05-07-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Pape (Post 205866)
Hope Connie is becoming pain free & gaining use of her arm soon.
Is this shoulder thing contagious??, Patty gets her right shoulder worked over tomorrow and then the left in 4 to 6 weeks.
We purchased a power recliner chair and a new TV.
She did not think the captains chair from the Bird would work out in our home.
Mike, let me know the duties of the assistant support House Husband.
I want to do a good job & keep Patty fed and comfortable for a quick recovery

Bill, is this rotator cuff surgery? If so, I had both done once and one done twice. The best thing you can do for her is make sure she doesn't skimp on the meds, no good reason to skimp there. And the physical therapy is very important. Especially for someone as active as Patty. I can't think of anyone who uses her shoulders more than her.

markbragdon 05-07-2013 05:54 PM

I hope Connie is doing well. Keeping her medicated will cut down on the shopping trips!