Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   'Bird Projects & Modifications (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Replacing the rubber trim on side rails (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26503)

Bluebird Bob 08-18-2016 01:28 AM

Replacing the rubber trim on side rails
 
2 Attachment(s)
Been looking for something to replace my 32 year old rubber that has shrunk.
Found it in vinyl on ebay for 100 feet for 20 bucks.
It's vinyl and 3/4 in wide which is what is needed for that area.
I just looked under 3/4 in rv black vinyl trim moulding. Found black and white.
It comes in one roll and is concave.
I just pinched it together and made it convex.
On our 36 footer, the top portion which is all I have done so far, took 75 feet.
Took about 40 minutes to do.
Will see how it holds up here on the Oregon coast and the trip back to Quartzsite.:rolleyes:

curtsprenger 08-18-2016 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluebird Bob (Post 350646)
Been looking for something to replace my 32 year old rubber that has shrunk.
Found it in vinyl on ebay for 100 feet for 20 bucks.
It's vinyl and 3/4 in wide which is what is needed for that area.
I just looked under 3/4 in rv black vinyl trim moulding. Found black and white.
It comes in one roll and is concave.
I just pinched it together and made it convex.
On our 36 footer, the top portion which is all I have done so far, took 75 feet.
Took about 40 minutes to do.
Will see how it holds up here on the Oregon coast and the trip back to Quartzsite.:rolleyes:

Please provide the link. Thanks

mpierce 08-18-2016 07:47 AM

Boy, mine sure has shrunken. As Curt said, do you have a link? Thanks.

brhodes 08-18-2016 08:33 AM

Try this link and you can choose which one will work best for you:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...lding&_sacat=0

Stephen 08-18-2016 05:08 PM

we have the original
give me a call its FREE
the call that is
or drop me an email
available in black red or blue

Frank W. 08-18-2016 05:28 PM

For those fairly itty bitty gaps...try satin black paint on a small brush. Appy carefully. Let dry...then stand back 10'.

Some of my itty bitty gaps are 2" long

KCSS 08-18-2016 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f.wernlein (Post 350732)
For those fairly itty bitty gaps...try satin black paint on a small brush. Appy carefully. Let dry...then stand back 10'.

Some of my itty bitty gaps are 2" long


been there - done that - works great :):):);););)

Bluebird Bob 08-19-2016 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brhodes (Post 350656)
Try this link and you can choose which one will work best for you:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...lding&_sacat=0

Yes, this is the link I used.
The second one is the one I bought.

chiplamb 03-31-2019 10:07 PM

I have a few rolls of the rubber that goes in the side trim channels - but not the rubber that goes between the trim and the bus - this is just as shrunken. Anyone have a source?

badandy 04-01-2019 07:44 AM

I haven't taken mine off to look, but I'd like to know, too. Do you know what shape it is? Is it one giant piece from top to bottom?

FYI this is the right stuff for the side trim, it's 1/2" screw cover and it fits perfectly. Ebay link

I got some stuff for the front, but I don't have the part number handy.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.