Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Craigs List, Ebay, Coaches and other Finds (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2004 Bluebird Wanderlodge M380 (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31620)

fishfarm 06-21-2018 03:59 AM

2004 Bluebird Wanderlodge M380

https://orlando.craigslist.org/rvs/d...621870046.html

Scott White 06-21-2018 06:09 AM

If it is as good as it looks it is a bargain for a M380.

Lance & Terry 06-21-2018 09:34 AM

Talked to the owners grandson this morning. He said it would need batteries and tires. Pictures were taken this week. He said it had been stored inside. They have owned it for about six years. Doesn't have a washer/dryer. Still looks like a good buy with an eyes on inspection.

NoGas 06-21-2018 06:29 PM

Here’s your chance Scott to get back into a “sports car” again! ;) :D

At $80K with new Michelin’s, Lifeline’s and all belts, hoses & fluids changed - that’s a deal! :eek: :cool: Has old electronics but looks like LED lighting throughout. Professional staging usually indicates a flipper. That was a red flag when I was looking. Curious that they left the geny so dirty. Wonder what the engine bay looks like. Price is almost too low, another red flag. However, with an in-person look over and a mechanic to check the big $$ items, I would’a jumped at this one. Wannabe’s need to get off their duffs. You snooze you lose...

Dc2x4drvr 06-21-2018 07:04 PM

Looks good in the pics, can’t believe it’s priced this low, will need a strong prebuy inspection. Almost to good to be true....

NH Bill 06-21-2018 07:45 PM

Parts of this situation are familiar. A while Back there was an ad on an 87 PT in Davenport. The photos looked pretty good and the price was really right.

I seem to recall it was represented as the seller having owned it for sometime maybe 10 years and no longer healthy enough to drive it... Pretty sure his son or grandson Adam was going to show it to me. Drove all the way to Davenport and met Adam who knew little or nothing about it. The coach wasn't as represented on the phone or in the photos and ad. It was pretty rough and dripping in Armorall...... It was a waste of time. Shortly after, I spoke with Randy about this and he had heard about the coach and knew of the seller as a coach flipper. Not saying this is the same guy but not saying it isn't. Keep your eyes wide open!

NH Bill

Randy Dupree 06-21-2018 09:15 PM

Several months ago there was a 380 in Miami on a Copart sale.
right after a major storm.
I did bid on that coach,but did not get it.
This may not be it,but that coach went somewhere.
History,history,history is important.

Dennis 06-21-2018 10:26 PM

My sense is this is a flipper. Besides the staged photos, an owner would know it is 38 feet and not 40. I also get a sense that a user would have had to make some changes to the electronics by now. I did get a kick out of " asking price is $69,500 Firm" vs. "price firm!" All that said, if a buyer gets a good check out and is handy he or she might just get a real good buy.

DonB 06-22-2018 12:00 PM

Not often you see a private sale with no license plates.

f.wernlein 06-22-2018 01:07 PM

Just a suggestion - the VIN and the engine serial number for many of these coaches (boats, trucks, etc.) can sometimes lead you to some good info. If I was thinking about making such an investment I would regard these steps as reasonable initial due diligence. No legitimate seller should hesitate to share these numbers.

Even a google VIN check can lead you to interesting places...once I found a vehicle listed for sale by owner, and in checking the VIN found photographs of the same vehicle on a salvage lot after a wreck dated 3 months prior...the ad said salvage title was due to a water leak under the sink...forgot to mention what appeared to be a blow out & ditch encounter.

If you run my CAT engine serial number at a CAT dealer...all the CAT recorded services are shown. Other engine makers likely have similar systems. Might be nice to know.

Keep your eyes wide open AND your running shoes on for these "super deals". The trick is to know "run for it" or "run away".