Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Under The Awning (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   What did you do with your Bus today (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20520)

birds_first 08-08-2014 10:24 PM

My bird thinks I have abandoned it, I haven't started it in days, I rode by it last week and it was still there. I need to go on an ice cream run to make the juices flow and check things out before we take our September vacation. Counting the days:(

Bob Johannesen 08-08-2014 10:33 PM

Replaced the Zip Dee awning Flex Lock strip on the 16 foot awning!! It was a real bear to get out and back in alone!! It was the first job on the BB that left me with the "I'll Never Do That Job Again!" feeling. It really is a 4 man job.:(

Tomorrow, I will make a tire cover for the spare which is going on the roof - now that I am installing a slide out storage tray in the basement.

Then installing the new 3 camera system - which involves running the new cables to the dash monitor.

Man, I am tired just thinking about it!!!

max hendrix 08-08-2014 10:42 PM

I thought I was the only one if us with WOG and WFM bookmarks.

I didn't do anything to the bus today but I did work on my John Deere.

Off to work tomorrow so I can afford to reset the fuel Gauge from my recent trip to Silverton Colorado. 16 days in the BMC and the wife and I are still on speaking terms!!!!

Life is Good.

Max

Mallie Lennon 08-08-2014 10:54 PM

Today, aired suspension with aux, let the engine batteries charge while there, also let the AH run after I got the cover back in place. Hope to be able to get her out for a run in the next week or so.
Checked the safe and noticed for the first time the label, Hadon Security Co.Langley, Oklahoma, which is just up the road from me.

dbiggie 08-09-2014 12:21 AM

I installed 2 cooling fans in the upper refrigerator vent. While I was in there I cleaned the burner head. I now have a nice blue flame and the frig is cooling nicely. :)

copescobra 08-09-2014 12:27 AM

having the safe-t-plus installed for better handling.

KCSS 08-09-2014 12:44 AM

Did zip - zero - zilch on the coach today :(
Spent the past 2 days cleaning and reworking 9" wheels I picked up from Randy on Wed. A million dings and scratches to repair. The wheels were good shape on the deep dish side :) . . . . . . . but they will go on the front so I need the udder side looking' good . . . . . . ain't it always the way :(:(:(. Got that about done when the raw sewage collided with the rotary air diffuesr :eek::eek::eek:.
It hit me like a loaf of bread falling from the fridge :eek: My valve stems and TPMS sensors will not clear the Centramatics and still fit within the smaller holes on these 9" wheels :eek: Shoulda knowed you BIG DUMMY :eek::eek:. The holes need to be opened up to 2" like the existing 8-1/4 wheels. No problem I say, I say ;). Just make a bushing to fit the small hole - whip out ye ole 2" hole saw and party time - easy peasy lemon squeezy :p:p:p. Not so fast Lucifer - a little investigation on the 9" wheels reveals some interesting tings - tings I say I say. The smaller holes on the 9” wheels are drilled perpendicular to the axis of the wheel. A check on the inside of the wheels reveals they cannot just be opened up to 2” where they are nor can they remain perpendicular to the axis. Taint got the necessary room. :mad::mad::mad:
The situation warrants further investigation. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Checking the 8-1/4” wheels reveals the 2” holes are drilled on the angled portion on the wheel - at roughly 18 degrees from perpendicular. To make it all work out the new holes need to be BORED at this angle while shifting the centerline approximately ¼” from center of the existing holes. I am having fun I say I say. :):):) To make this even more fun I cannot bolt (anchor) the wheels on the centerline of the milling machine table thus requiring the boring head to be set up with a compound angle. Did I say I was having fun? You bet your bananas Bosley. ;););) Anyway I finally got all figured out and the machine set up. I be a drilling' millin', borin' and snorin' fool tomorrow ;););)
Now you know why I didn’t get anything done on the bird today.

Will attempt to post some pics tomorrow - I say I say

Dieselbird01 08-09-2014 01:14 AM

3,907 miles from home…. Cleaned a few bugs off the windshield.

kybird 08-09-2014 01:36 AM

At about 900 miles from home had a new rear inside tire put on the old one went boom

Perpendicular 08-09-2014 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curtsprenger (Post 264044)
Photo of beer tapper.

I like the last sign on it ;)