Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Under The Awning (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   What did you do with your Bus today (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20520)

Mallie Lennon 08-09-2014 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCSS (Post 264087)
Did zip - zero - zilch on the coach today :(
Spent the past 2 days cleaning and reworking 9" wheels I picked up from Randy on Wed. A million dings and scratches to repair. The wheels were good shape on the deep dish side :) . . . . . . . but they will go on the front so I need the udder side looking' good . . . . . . ain't it always the way :(:(:(. Got that about done when the raw sewage collided with the rotary air diffuesr :eek::eek::eek:.
It hit me like a loaf of bread falling from the fridge :eek: My valve stems and TPMS sensors will not clear the Centramatics and still fit within the smaller holes on these 9" wheels :eek: Shoulda knowed you BIG DUMMY :eek::eek:. The holes need to be opened up to 2" like the existing 8-1/4 wheels. No problem I say, I say ;). Just make a bushing to fit the small hole - whip out ye ole 2" hole saw and party time - easy peasy lemon squeezy :p:p:p. Not so fast Lucifer - a little investigation on the 9" wheels reveals some interesting tings - tings I say I say. The smaller holes on the 9” wheels are drilled perpendicular to the axis of the wheel. A check on the inside of the wheels reveals they cannot just be opened up to 2” where they are nor can they remain perpendicular to the axis. Taint got the necessary room. :mad::mad::mad:
The situation warrants further investigation. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Checking the 8-1/4” wheels reveals the 2” holes are drilled on the angled portion on the wheel - at roughly 18 degrees from perpendicular. To make it all work out the new holes need to be BORED at this angle while shifting the centerline approximately ¼” from center of the existing holes. I am having fun I say I say. :):):) To make this even more fun I cannot bolt (anchor) the wheels on the centerline of the milling machine table thus requiring the boring head to be set up with a compound angle. Did I say I was having fun? You bet your bananas Bosley. ;););) Anyway I finally got all figured out and the machine set up. I be a drilling' millin', borin' and snorin' fool tomorrow ;););)
Now you know why I didn’t get anything done on the bird today.

Will attempt to post some pics tomorrow - I say I say

KC, sounds like you got the same wheel I bought from Kurt,, and enlarging the holes sounded so easy.

Perpendicular 08-09-2014 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Johannesen (Post 264061)
Replaced the Zip Dee awning Flex Lock strip on the 16 foot awning!! It was a real bear to get out and back in alone!! It was the first job on the BB that left me with the "I'll Never Do That Job Again!" feeling. It really is a 4 man job.:(

Tomorrow, I will make a tire cover for the spare which is going on the roof - now that I am installing a slide out storage tray in the basement.

Then installing the new 3 camera system - which involves running the new cables to the dash monitor.

Man, I am tired just thinking about it!!!

Bob -

I have installed the three camera system on a few coaches in my time. I am doing something different than the norm when installing them - I am using two monitors.

I put a new rear camera an a new screen in the dash. Then I put side cameras with a monitor on the A pillar about mirror height. That screen I set to a split view that will go to a single view when you hit the turn signal. This gives me a 360 view of the coach at all times.

Some people like one screen and others like the second one and I just wanted to share a different way of installing them.

While this is a Prevost I did and not a BlueBird it at least gives you an idea of what I mean. The main monitor is in the radio that pops out of the dash so when the coach is running both screens are view-able.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-s...0/DSC01744.JPG

KCSS 08-09-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselbird01 (Post 264088)
3,907 miles from home…. Cleaned a few bugs off the windshield.

Why in the world did you go that far to acquire them there those bugs :confused:
Don't you like the ones we have right here in FL :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I just LOVE the LOVE BUGS ;););)

KCSS 08-09-2014 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mallie Lennon (Post 264118)
KC, sounds like you got the same wheel I bought from Kurt,, and enlarging the holes sounded so easy.

Yeah man - you beat me on those wheels by 7 minutes :mad:
I was indisposed at the moment (if you know what I mean). :o ha ha ha.
And to boot yours were polished on the outside - were they not :confused:
Although time consuming, the enlarging of the holes is not really a big problem once you understand what is involved - assuming you have the equipment to do the job.
Hope you do not have to do it - but if you do I might be able to help you out - but it is gonna cost you big time - a bottle of diet water :p:p:p

schamp 08-09-2014 09:23 AM

I have been waxing Blue Thunder. Thanks for that guys. RainX for all the windows.
Heading out to Williamsport in exactly a week. Going to Sams this am for supplies.

Dieselbird01 08-09-2014 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCSS (Post 264121)
Why in the world did you go that far to acquire them there those bugs :confused:
Don't you like the ones we have right here in FL :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I just LOVE the LOVE BUGS ;););)

With highs in the mid 60's the bugs up here are wearing sweaters so they don't stick to the windshield as good as those naked love bugs do.

bwinter1946 08-09-2014 03:37 PM

Washed it and reset the fuel gauge is all I did today.
Next is Fall storage service. (Oil and antifreeze changes)

Mlegue2 08-09-2014 05:12 PM

Took off the 2 AC belts and accidentally found a very large wasp nest in the little access to the coolant fill. Ran out of wasp spray...I will buy more!

White Hat Guy 08-09-2014 05:49 PM

Spent the week tightening all the loose screws that vibrated loose after several hundred miles on the worst road I've ever driven - northern Pennsylvania and Southwestern NY. Not really, bad road though, I-84 to I-87. Trucks and freezing weather does a number on it. These old 'birds can take it.

Loaded up this week with Delo 100 and filters. Time for an oil and filter change next week.

EHanska 08-09-2014 06:48 PM

Lessie had Roundtuit out in Salem County for a county fair. Helping a good friend with her booth, so Roundtuit got a holiday from the driveway. :D. Now during that holiday Lessie found out the deadbolt was not dead bolting. Mentioned it to ole man Ed today when Roundtuit has back in the driveway. He took a look at the deadbolt. Two minutes of testing the door and it's lock, he found the problem was Lessie. :eek::eek: she didn't know that the door needed to be pulled a tad harder to close the door so the deadbolt could slide into the small hole in the doorframe. :p:p 30 seconds of training and Lessie can lock the door now. :rolleyes:

Lessie typing and owning up to her ditzy moment
Ed grinning