Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Under The Awning (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   What did you do with your Bus today (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20520)

Perpendicular 08-08-2014 02:54 PM

What did you do with your Bus today

At another forum I am on they have a thread with a title like this and I always love hearing about what someone was able to do to their (in this case John Deere) tractor. They talk about the little mods, updates, what they used it for or where they went.

I thought we may like a thread like this on the WOG.

I will start (of course ;))

Today I cleaned up the Velcro on the front curtain sides so it would be a bit more solid as well as clean up the look. While I had the side panel down I re-glued the curtain container so it wasn't just hanging halfway down. I also finished up replacing the two bath sink faucets - YAY!

Next on the list is to replace the audio system. I want Bluetooth in the bus so I can play Pandora as well as take a call hands-free.

Hope everyone is enjoying this weather. We are trying to figure out if we want to go somewhere this afternoon for a couple of days. Maybe some water destination...

Alan 08-08-2014 04:17 PM

For a change: Nothing !

GregBryantSr 08-08-2014 04:22 PM

Nothing today, but tomorrow we have a friend and his wife that will meet us at the Bird. He is going to help us design frames for the side windows for the blinds to travel up and down inside.
Then Monday is the 100 mile monthly exercise trip for the Bird.

cdamen 08-08-2014 08:09 PM

Today I touched up the shine on my wheels. Saving the complete job for Pine Mtn.

Ernest Ekberg 08-08-2014 09:22 PM

drove it

curtsprenger 08-08-2014 09:26 PM

Today, completed the Frig. cooling unit R&R and test. Also finished up the 3 fans wiring for the upper Frig. exhaust vent. It's been a good day. :D

JD33 08-08-2014 09:26 PM

Changed all 3 HCV's and both drive axle brake chambers on the LX, polished the rear wheels then moved on to drinking beer. I felt that it was deserved.

curtsprenger 08-08-2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD33 (Post 264035)
Changed all 3 HCV's and both drive axle brake chambers on the LX, polished the rear wheels then moved on to drinking beer. I felt that it was deserved.

I like your thinking.

curtsprenger 08-08-2014 09:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Photo of beer tapper.

Chap 08-08-2014 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan (Post 263987)
For a change: Nothing !

X2

birds_first 08-08-2014 10:24 PM

My bird thinks I have abandoned it, I haven't started it in days, I rode by it last week and it was still there. I need to go on an ice cream run to make the juices flow and check things out before we take our September vacation. Counting the days:(

Bob Johannesen 08-08-2014 10:33 PM

Replaced the Zip Dee awning Flex Lock strip on the 16 foot awning!! It was a real bear to get out and back in alone!! It was the first job on the BB that left me with the "I'll Never Do That Job Again!" feeling. It really is a 4 man job.:(

Tomorrow, I will make a tire cover for the spare which is going on the roof - now that I am installing a slide out storage tray in the basement.

Then installing the new 3 camera system - which involves running the new cables to the dash monitor.

Man, I am tired just thinking about it!!!

max hendrix 08-08-2014 10:42 PM

I thought I was the only one if us with WOG and WFM bookmarks.

I didn't do anything to the bus today but I did work on my John Deere.

Off to work tomorrow so I can afford to reset the fuel Gauge from my recent trip to Silverton Colorado. 16 days in the BMC and the wife and I are still on speaking terms!!!!

Life is Good.

Max

Mallie Lennon 08-08-2014 10:54 PM

Today, aired suspension with aux, let the engine batteries charge while there, also let the AH run after I got the cover back in place. Hope to be able to get her out for a run in the next week or so.
Checked the safe and noticed for the first time the label, Hadon Security Co.Langley, Oklahoma, which is just up the road from me.

dbiggie 08-09-2014 12:21 AM

I installed 2 cooling fans in the upper refrigerator vent. While I was in there I cleaned the burner head. I now have a nice blue flame and the frig is cooling nicely. :)

copescobra 08-09-2014 12:27 AM

having the safe-t-plus installed for better handling.

KCSS 08-09-2014 12:44 AM

Did zip - zero - zilch on the coach today :(
Spent the past 2 days cleaning and reworking 9" wheels I picked up from Randy on Wed. A million dings and scratches to repair. The wheels were good shape on the deep dish side :) . . . . . . . but they will go on the front so I need the udder side looking' good . . . . . . ain't it always the way :(:(:(. Got that about done when the raw sewage collided with the rotary air diffuesr :eek::eek::eek:.
It hit me like a loaf of bread falling from the fridge :eek: My valve stems and TPMS sensors will not clear the Centramatics and still fit within the smaller holes on these 9" wheels :eek: Shoulda knowed you BIG DUMMY :eek::eek:. The holes need to be opened up to 2" like the existing 8-1/4 wheels. No problem I say, I say ;). Just make a bushing to fit the small hole - whip out ye ole 2" hole saw and party time - easy peasy lemon squeezy :p:p:p. Not so fast Lucifer - a little investigation on the 9" wheels reveals some interesting tings - tings I say I say. The smaller holes on the 9” wheels are drilled perpendicular to the axis of the wheel. A check on the inside of the wheels reveals they cannot just be opened up to 2” where they are nor can they remain perpendicular to the axis. Taint got the necessary room. :mad::mad::mad:
The situation warrants further investigation. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Checking the 8-1/4” wheels reveals the 2” holes are drilled on the angled portion on the wheel - at roughly 18 degrees from perpendicular. To make it all work out the new holes need to be BORED at this angle while shifting the centerline approximately ¼” from center of the existing holes. I am having fun I say I say. :):):) To make this even more fun I cannot bolt (anchor) the wheels on the centerline of the milling machine table thus requiring the boring head to be set up with a compound angle. Did I say I was having fun? You bet your bananas Bosley. ;););) Anyway I finally got all figured out and the machine set up. I be a drilling' millin', borin' and snorin' fool tomorrow ;););)
Now you know why I didn’t get anything done on the bird today.

Will attempt to post some pics tomorrow - I say I say

Dieselbird01 08-09-2014 01:14 AM

3,907 miles from home…. Cleaned a few bugs off the windshield.

kybird 08-09-2014 01:36 AM

At about 900 miles from home had a new rear inside tire put on the old one went boom

Perpendicular 08-09-2014 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curtsprenger (Post 264044)
Photo of beer tapper.

I like the last sign on it ;)

Mallie Lennon 08-09-2014 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCSS (Post 264087)
Spent the past 2 days cleaning and reworking 9" wheels I picked up from Randy on Wed. A million dings and scratches to repair. The wheels were good shape on the deep dish side :) . . . . . . . but they will go on the front so I need the udder side looking' good . . . . . . ain't it always the way :(:(:(. Got that about done when the raw sewage collided with the rotary air diffuesr :eek::eek::eek:.
It hit me like a loaf of bread falling from the fridge :eek: My valve stems and TPMS sensors will not clear the Centramatics and still fit within the smaller holes on these 9" wheels :eek: Shoulda knowed you BIG DUMMY :eek::eek:. The holes need to be opened up to 2" like the existing 8-1/4 wheels. No problem I say, I say ;). Just make a bushing to fit the small hole - whip out ye ole 2" hole saw and party time - easy peasy lemon squeezy :p:p:p. Not so fast Lucifer - a little investigation on the 9" wheels reveals some interesting tings - tings I say I say. The smaller holes on the 9” wheels are drilled perpendicular to the axis of the wheel. A check on the inside of the wheels reveals they cannot just be opened up to 2” where they are nor can they remain perpendicular to the axis. Taint got the necessary room. :mad::mad::mad:
The situation warrants further investigation. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Checking the 8-1/4” wheels reveals the 2” holes are drilled on the angled portion on the wheel - at roughly 18 degrees from perpendicular. To make it all work out the new holes need to be BORED at this angle while shifting the centerline approximately ¼” from center of the existing holes. I am having fun I say I say. :):):) To make this even more fun I cannot bolt (anchor) the wheels on the centerline of the milling machine table thus requiring the boring head to be set up with a compound angle. Did I say I was having fun? You bet your bananas Bosley. ;););) Anyway I finally got all figured out and the machine set up. I be a drilling' millin', borin' and snorin' fool tomorrow ;););)

KC, sounds like you got the same wheel I bought from Kurt,, and enlarging the holes sounded so easy.

Perpendicular 08-09-2014 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Johannesen (Post 264061)
Replaced the Zip Dee awning Flex Lock strip on the 16 foot awning!! It was a real bear to get out and back in alone!! It was the first job on the BB that left me with the "I'll Never Do That Job Again!" feeling. It really is a 4 man job.:(

Tomorrow, I will make a tire cover for the spare which is going on the roof - now that I am installing a slide out storage tray in the basement.

Then installing the new 3 camera system - which involves running the new cables to the dash monitor.

Man, I am tired just thinking about it!!!

Bob -

I have installed the three camera system on a few coaches in my time. I am doing something different than the norm when installing them - I am using two monitors.

I put a new rear camera an a new screen in the dash. Then I put side cameras with a monitor on the A pillar about mirror height. That screen I set to a split view that will go to a single view when you hit the turn signal. This gives me a 360 view of the coach at all times.

Some people like one screen and others like the second one and I just wanted to share a different way of installing them.

While this is a Prevost I did and not a BlueBird it at least gives you an idea of what I mean. The main monitor is in the radio that pops out of the dash so when the coach is running both screens are view-able.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-s...0/DSC01744.JPG

KCSS 08-09-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselbird01 (Post 264088)
3,907 miles from home…. Cleaned a few bugs off the windshield.

Why in the world did you go that far to acquire them there those bugs :confused:
Don't you like the ones we have right here in FL :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I just LOVE the LOVE BUGS ;););)

KCSS 08-09-2014 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mallie Lennon (Post 264118)
KC, sounds like you got the same wheel I bought from Kurt,, and enlarging the holes sounded so easy.

Yeah man - you beat me on those wheels by 7 minutes :mad:
I was indisposed at the moment (if you know what I mean). :o ha ha ha.
And to boot yours were polished on the outside - were they not :confused:
Although time consuming, the enlarging of the holes is not really a big problem once you understand what is involved - assuming you have the equipment to do the job.
Hope you do not have to do it - but if you do I might be able to help you out - but it is gonna cost you big time - a bottle of diet water :p:p:p

schamp 08-09-2014 09:23 AM

I have been waxing Blue Thunder. Thanks for that guys. RainX for all the windows.
Heading out to Williamsport in exactly a week. Going to Sams this am for supplies.

Dieselbird01 08-09-2014 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCSS (Post 264121)
Why in the world did you go that far to acquire them there those bugs :confused:
Don't you like the ones we have right here in FL :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I just LOVE the LOVE BUGS ;););)

With highs in the mid 60's the bugs up here are wearing sweaters so they don't stick to the windshield as good as those naked love bugs do.

bwinter1946 08-09-2014 03:37 PM

Washed it and reset the fuel gauge is all I did today.
Next is Fall storage service. (Oil and antifreeze changes)

Mlegue2 08-09-2014 05:12 PM

Took off the 2 AC belts and accidentally found a very large wasp nest in the little access to the coolant fill. Ran out of wasp spray...I will buy more!

White Hat Guy 08-09-2014 05:49 PM

Spent the week tightening all the loose screws that vibrated loose after several hundred miles on the worst road I've ever driven - northern Pennsylvania and Southwestern NY. Not really, bad road though, I-84 to I-87. Trucks and freezing weather does a number on it. These old 'birds can take it.

Loaded up this week with Delo 100 and filters. Time for an oil and filter change next week.

EHanska 08-09-2014 06:48 PM

Lessie had Roundtuit out in Salem County for a county fair. Helping a good friend with her booth, so Roundtuit got a holiday from the driveway. :D. Now during that holiday Lessie found out the deadbolt was not dead bolting. Mentioned it to ole man Ed today when Roundtuit has back in the driveway. He took a look at the deadbolt. Two minutes of testing the door and it's lock, he found the problem was Lessie. :eek::eek: she didn't know that the door needed to be pulled a tad harder to close the door so the deadbolt could slide into the small hole in the doorframe. :p:p 30 seconds of training and Lessie can lock the door now. :rolleyes:

Lessie typing and owning up to her ditzy moment
Ed grinning

GregBryantSr 08-09-2014 07:05 PM

Today we got to show off our Bird to some friends.
One is going to make some custom dividers for our shades.
His wife said that this visit makes her want to get something small so the can travel on some weekend trips.
They are in their 80's.
A police officers wife was walking her dog and let us know she has been admiring the Wanderlodge. We let her know that we were on our way to eat, but would give them a tour sometime.
These Birds really stand out from the crowd!

Chap 08-09-2014 08:44 PM

Reinstalled everything after new carpet: switches, vents, dinette, seats, chairs, seat belts, etc. Takes a lot longer to put it back than to take it out.

KCSS 08-09-2014 09:07 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by KCSS (Post 264087)
I be a drilling' millin', borin' and snorin' fool tomorrow ;););)

Tomorrow has arrived - pictures proving same ;););)
Pics
1&2 wheels as received
3. cleaned
4. used a 1-1/2" end mill to establish new angle
5. boring to size with boring bar
6. small and large hole comparison

One wheel done - other half done - then back to polishing :eek::eek::eek:
I'm having so much fun I can't stand it. On a sad note - Emma will not put my work clothes in the washer :eek: I can't understand why :confused: She says throw them away :eek:
Now I'm gonna have to finish the wheels nude - as in naked with no clothes on :p:p:p Sure hope them flying aluminum chips ain't too hot :eek::eek::eek:

susanmarycamilleri 08-09-2014 11:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Painted ,clearcoated, the round over on the roof.

Bob Johannesen 08-09-2014 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susanmarycamilleri (Post 264230)
Painted ,clearcoated, the round over on the roof.

That's on my list soon also!! And painting the insulation paint on the bare metal surfaces inside the goatrails.

Bob Johannesen 08-09-2014 11:59 PM

I installed the side cameras and made a 1 inch spacer for the right one so it can sight aft between the awning support rails. Tomorrow will be installing the rear camera, pulling the cable back from the front, and making a new panel for the new color monitor to mount on after removing the old CRT.

sailor7cs 08-10-2014 01:28 AM

This week at Shipshewana!!!

Well I am 1300 miles from home...
On Monday went to National Refrigeration and had Leon Service the A/C's, replace door gasket on the ice maker and repair the gasket on the frig...
Thursday, went to Stuart's Service for a system check of the HWH leveling system... Could not do anything as they could not get the system to activate, touch panel shot, had to order overnight from HWH, left, went to Ramco Engineering to inquire about a new left side mirror... Found out they can rebuild existing mirror, and keep the Bluebird logo on the outside of mirror, David, whom works for Ramco, came out took off mirror and gave me a mirror they had that was rejected for sale and put it on the bus... Told me to come back after ten AM to pick up...
Friday, back to Stuart's to install keypad and test!!! Pump motor shot, had to replace complete pump and a rear jack sensor, system back working like new!!!:D:D:D
On way back to CG, stopped at Ramco, picked up rebuilt mirror and return loaner, rebuilt mirror good as new and all is good...:D:D:D
Monday, have a 7 AM appointment with Spartan for a 44 point chassis inspection, check out cooling fan proportion valve and have the coach weighed...
Will report after Spartan...

irmagoo 08-10-2014 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailor7cs (Post 264235)
Well I am 1300 miles from home...
On Monday went to National Refrigeration and had Leon Service the A/C's, replace door gasket on the ice maker and repair the gasket on the frig...
Thursday, went to Stuart's Service for a system check of the HWH leveling system... Could not do anything as they could not get the system to activate, touch panel shot, had to order overnight from HWH, left, went to Ramco Engineering to inquire about a new left side mirror... Found out they can rebuild existing mirror, and keep the Bluebird logo on the outside of mirror, David, whom works for Ramco, came out took off mirror and gave me a mirror they had that was rejected for sale and put it on the bus... Told me to come back after ten AM to pick up...
Friday, back to Stuart's to install keypad and test!!! Pump motor shot, had to replace complete pump and a rear jack sensor, system back working like new!!!:D:D:D
On way back to CG, stopped at Ramco, picked up rebuilt mirror and return loaner, rebuilt mirror good as new and all is good...:D:D:D
Monday, have a 7 AM appointment with Spartan for a 44 point chassis inspection, check out cooling fan proportion valve and have the coach weighed...
Will report after Spartan...

larry
that's a lot of work!! save a little time for a nap!!
mike

Randy Dupree 08-10-2014 07:39 AM

wow!
you guys are busy!

markusfmeyer 08-10-2014 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCSS (Post 264214)
Tomorrow has arrived - pictures proving same ;););)
Pics
1&2 wheels as received
3. cleaned
4. used a 1-1/2" end mill to establish new angle
5. boring to size with boring bar
6. small and large hole comparison

One wheel done - other half done - then back to polishing :eek::eek::eek:
I'm having so much fun I can't stand it. On a sad note - Emma will not put my work clothes in the washer :eek: I can't understand why :confused: She says throw them away :eek:
Now I'm gonna have to finish the wheels nude - as in naked with no clothes on :p:p:p Sure hope them flying aluminum chips ain't too hot :eek::eek::eek:

I don't see mention of polishing that third wheel you picked up!? That's ok, you have till Oct to do that!!! :)