Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   RV Lots, RV Land, RV Condos For Sale or Wanted (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Micro RV Park - RV Villa (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23049)

pairodice 07-05-2015 05:32 PM

Micro RV Park - RV Villa

My wife and I have been wanting to build an RV shed with housing inside in several different locations around the country to enable me to work in the area(s) and visit friends. This morning we came up with the idea of instead of building it just for ourselves we could build the building to house 2 motorhomes and have living quarters on either side. There would be room in front of the coaches for a car or work area and about a 30x15 living area (not huge but good for storage or efficiency apartment).
My question is: do you think people would rent these and (depending on the area) how much would they pay per month do you think (I know it is relative to the area). We are thinking about the Houston area (north to start) maybe Conroe, Denver area, Corpus Christi area.
I wonder if liability insurance would eat our lunch?
Just some thoughts for retirement...
Any thoughts on good areas to build these in?

al perna 07-06-2015 08:20 AM

build it with a Pit and I will rent it for a week :)

KingBiscuit 07-06-2015 08:30 AM

My wife and I have been talking about this concept for a couple of years. She has brought up the "duplex" idea several times. Though, we're only talking about one location to use as a home base.

Here in Ohio, I pay around $250 a month for a garage which is 20 X 40 feet, no electricity or water.

Let us know where you go with this.

Mallie Lennon 07-06-2015 08:34 AM

Dan, swapping out with others with similar facilities may be a good idea.

KCSS 07-06-2015 08:43 AM

PM sent ;)

pairodice 07-06-2015 11:09 AM

Our problem is that currently we love all the seasons in Denver but can find land much cheaper in TX... Decisions, decisions...

mpierce 07-06-2015 11:20 AM

Remember to check local ordinances if renting out. A lot of rules might come into play once you start down the commercial path.

pairodice 07-06-2015 12:22 PM

Yes and the zoning for multi dwelling and the min/max sq ft allowed... I'll check with my brother, he builds new home subdivisions

Bluebird Bob 07-09-2015 11:27 PM

Also check with the locals on length of time in your rented spot.
We manage a park in Quartzsite during the winter and we have had people that wanted to stay longer than 5 months in one of our spots.
Arizona law states that if a party stays in the same spot over 6 months, they no longer are a renter but a tenant.
Then it takes lawyers and bucks to evict them out of the spot.
Thats why we don't rent to anyone over 5 months.
We are presently in Waldport, Oregon in a part close by the ocean and the park owner was telling me that Oregon has the law that anyone who stays in one spot over 29 days becomes a tenant.
He had to hire a lawyer to get rid of the rver who also stopped paying rent when he found out he was to be evicted.
Something to consider....:rolleyes:

dmurdock 07-10-2015 11:03 PM

What your describing is a lot like a private aircraft hangar. The PO of my coach was a pilot/aircraft mechanic and kept the bird in his hangar which had a two story efficiency apartment inside. It was really neat!