Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   'Birds Spotted Today! (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Bisbee, AZ (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33360)

Sandytoes 02-26-2019 07:53 PM

Bisbee, AZ

1 Attachment(s)
Came back from touristing around, parked, turned to walk to the office and, BAM!, what do I see...Bella Vita...parked across from us. Nobody there yet, but we will say Hi.

shaaksma 02-26-2019 08:52 PM

Nice.

Is the black truck/SUV in the pic a tow'ed or overland?

Sandytoes 02-26-2019 09:10 PM

Shane came over to say Hi. We had met at Q. They are carrying on tomorrow.

The van is an E350 conversion by Sportsmobile towed by the Freightliner DX3 beside it.

Kiwi3 02-26-2019 09:16 PM

That van is HUGE!

jphoenix13 02-26-2019 11:48 PM

I graduated from Cochise College in 1981 - on the highway, about halfway between Bisbee and Douglas.

sfedeli 02-27-2019 08:53 AM

We were just as surprised to see another bird across the lot from us after backing into our space yesterday afternoon. This is a tight, but VERY adequate campground if you want to see Bisbee and the surrounding area. Tomorrow, we are heading east through Columbus, NM, El Paso and on to Cattleman's for the night.

Randy Dupree 02-27-2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfedeli (Post 444011)
We were just as surprised to see another bird across the lot from us after backing into our space yesterday afternoon. This is a tight, but VERY adequate campground if you want to see Bisbee and the surrounding area. Tomorrow, we are heading east through Columbus, NM, El Paso and on to Cattleman's for the night.

Cattlemans!! yum,yum!

turnkey 02-27-2019 10:37 AM

What campground did you guys stay at near Bisbee? Thinking about heading over that way next month for a few days.
Cam you guys are getting around on your inaugural retirement trip. And Shane is one of the good guys around here. Always a pleasure to camp with.
Maybe we'll cross your path again before the season is over and we head home.

sfedeli 02-27-2019 11:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's another beautiful morning in the mile high city, (Bisbee, that is)..Bev and Cameron's LX had no problem getting up here, but I wouldn't want to try it with a long trailer or a long wheel base vehicle. The campground is called the queen mine RV Park. Reservations are absolutely required..

Sandytoes 02-27-2019 12:47 PM

Hi John, things are going very well for us first time travelers. We just seem to find a place we like so we stay for a few days. We came here to Bisbee on Saturday (Monday) and were lucky they had an empty spot, then we asked to stay for a few nights more and got lucky again. But right after we moved across the park, the No Vacancy sign went up. I would call ahead, as Shane mentioned. Great little place, neat little town. We will be leaving on Saturday(Friday) headed who knows where. Having a great time. We do hope to run into you guys again, it'll be fun. It was nice to visit with Shane and Kelly, too. They put on miles, an inspiration.