Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   'Bird Projects & Modifications (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Stainless Exhaust (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1919)

Stephen 11-15-2008 11:57 AM

Stainless Exhaust

We are now offering a full Stainless Steel Exhaust System for Wanderlodge
5 inch 304 Stainless steel complete from Turbo to Exhaust tip
High quality mandrel bends Heavy Wall Thickness and improved turbo lined flex connector with all stainless steels clamps
Engineered for easy installation

Currently available for 1995-1996 pt42 Series 60
Available soon 8v92,6v92 and 1997 and up Series 60 engine

Call for information

rhardesty 11-16-2008 09:24 AM

Hey Stephen

All of the baffles in my 97 are gone, so it really sounds great with the jake, but I do need to do something. What is a cost estimate of the stainless steel ? When will it be out ?

Have also been considering just puttting a straight pipe in, which should cost less.

What are the pros and cons of each ?

A straight pipe would be easier to install and since it's after the turbo, I would think that it could boost the HP and even get a little better fuel mileage without any restrictions.

Would like for everyone to jump in here and give me the reasons why each would be better than the other.

I did get the gray / black paddles changed and will be sending the old ones back to you this week.

Dick

Randy Dupree 11-16-2008 09:36 AM

i think a straight pipe is the way to go.
it will be a little louder,but not much.
it will be cheaper,and take alot of heat out of the bedroom,the stock muffler is big,so theres not much airflow around it,by reducing the size (going to a straight pipe) you will move the hot pipe away from the bedroom wall,and give it lots more airflow around the pipe.

davidmbrady 11-16-2008 07:35 PM

Stephen,

How does your exhaust system handle rain water? My stock muffler has a drain hole at the bottom and cause it's baffled in the inside, it's a simple matter to channel rain water to the drain hole.

Thanks
David Brady
'02 LXi, NC

Stephen 11-16-2008 07:52 PM

Stainless Exhaust

The exhaust has a ninety degree turnout at the top
and is designed without a muffler for increased flow.
With the the turnout and stainless construction
or you have the option of a straight pipe with a
Silenced stainless rain cap
we feel that the rain entry is a non-issue

davidmbrady 11-16-2008 08:08 PM

Thanks Stephen,

Can you elaborate on what a "silenced stainless raincap" is? (Sounds like something I haven't used since I was eighteen! How 'bout a collector and a drain hole at the bottom?

David Brady
'02 LXi, NC

Stephen 11-16-2008 08:28 PM

stainless

The Silencer rain cap. Special bearing design provides quiet efficient operation. Special weighted counter balance allows maximum exhaust flow, but still keeps water out of your straight cut stacks.

We could engineer a collector and drain into the system but the cost would be prohibitive and also there would be a space problem

davidmbrady 11-16-2008 08:54 PM

Thanks Stephen,

The factory shipped Wanderlodges with a 90 degree elbow at the top, but they still had a water drain at the bottom of the muffler. A raincap may look cool on my 1985 John Deere tractor but not on my high-end motorhome. I'll check my LXi for space under the muffler.

David Brady
'02 LXi, NC

Stephen 11-16-2008 09:01 PM

call me

rhardesty 11-16-2008 09:13 PM

I did have the factory tip, but got concerned about water getting down the pipe and I assume into the engine. Back when it was still the Blue Bird factory, I talked with the parts department and they gave me the new 90 degree tip and I put it on myself. Granted, some water may still get in and that is probably why all the baffels are now gone.

If I use a straight pipe as Randy is suggesting, how does any water get out of the pipe ?

Would this flapper work on a straight pipe with the 90 degree at the top and can it be purchased by itself ? What is the cost ?