Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Comments and Questions about the Wanderlodge factory (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Fort Valley Shut Down (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2534)

dmatz 02-23-2009 08:34 PM

Fort Valley Shut Down

I recieved amessage from Macy today as folows

"we appreciate your loyalty very much however the banks have made it final, no more credit, and with the company out of cash, the banks will liquidate and dissolve the company in accordance to Georgia law.

I am sorry this didn’t work out better for all of our sakes."

This is not what we all wanted but thisis the new reality.

davidmbrady 02-23-2009 09:16 PM

Anyone have any details on auctions (time/place) or any other liquidation sales? Just want to make sure that the records, archives, engineering data, part numbers, vendor lists, etc are preserved for everyone. To me, this stuff deserves to be scanned, published and preserved. We may want to take up a collection to purchase these items to keep them in the public domain.

David Brady
'02 LXi, NC

Crit Bliss 02-23-2009 09:39 PM

I would think someone would want to come along and scoop up the name if nothing else.

ernie ekberg 02-23-2009 09:41 PM

I sent Macy an email 2 weeks ago. Nothing in response. looks like the forums and individuals that know about birds inside and out will be in demand.

DTW1086@cox.net 02-23-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crit Bliss (Post 14907)
I would think someone would want to come along and scoop up the name if nothing else.

IMHO it would be a very bad thing if someone "scooped up the name" and put it on an inferior product

bigsur 02-23-2009 10:03 PM

Bluebird

Yes I agree with Dave.

Somehow we need all the records and build prints from Fort Valley. Any ideas on how to go about this?

Anyone close by that can act for the group?

We need information, how to get in touch with right people. Any ideas on this?

Dan Sunderland
2005 450LXi
San Marcos, CA

Randy Dupree 02-23-2009 10:10 PM

what we need is the name of the bank first,maybe they can help with the records etc.
most of that info will be trashed,if we don't act fast.
i am 4 hours away,but i will be there in 4 hours if i need to be.

Randy Dupree 02-23-2009 10:18 PM

FWIW,i sent an email off to Macy asking for a contact person,if i can get a name,i will spend some time running them down.
i will advise.

dmatz 02-23-2009 10:18 PM

If someone can run a D & B report you will be able to find out who the bank is.

NH Bill 02-23-2009 10:45 PM

Lots of ifs...

If this property is going to be sold /auctioned as land an buildings, the records may only represent a demolition type expense to the liquidator.

If one offers to clean the place out in exchange for keeping the information, they might go for it. On the other hand, if they think its of value, they might try to hold it for ransom! In that case we'll need to send an envoy!

Seriously, this knowledge base IS important.
How big is it? Will it fit in a trailer?
What about digital records? Servers and back-up material?

There may be some corporate policy that requires total destruction of the records due to liability concerns. If "legal" gets brought into this, something simple could get mucky.

Certainly this could be overcome with appropriate releases providing the bank/liquidator is willing.

If CCW still has access, it might be easier to deal with them. But, as Ernie mentioned, he has not heard back in two weeks. Unfortunately, this is not likely high up on their list.

... just remembered, Slim has a cleaning company... perhaps he can get the job to take everything out of there?

Let me know if I can help.

Bill, MSIA