Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   'Bird Projects & Modifications (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   House battery upgrade (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11750)

Turbokitty 11-02-2011 03:35 PM

House battery upgrade

7 Attachment(s)
Well, after completing the new generator upgrade and also new to the coach the extra big new storage bay in front of the new generator I finally got around to the fabrication and installation of 6 dedicated house batteries.

After much consternation as to where to put 6 new batteries I concluded that next to the generator in the new compartment would be best. I would eventually like to move both generator and batteries to the opposite side of the coach but that won't happen until I redo the drivers side compartments.

What will work out in the end is when I greatly enlarge the storage compartment in front of the main door then I will have regained back the space lost with the new batteries and then some.

Anyway, I removed the back diamond plate bay panel and PVC floor and fabricated a HD battery tray after designing it all on CAD. Re configured all of the coaches underside 12 volt wiring and ran a new 2/0 house feed up from the new compartment into the transfer switch cubby. I installed the main DC fuse there and eliminated the old feed that went up through the dash A pillar.

Finally purchased the six new batteries from SLAMS and fabricated all new custom 2/0 battery cables. Machined up the 1/2" thick PVC sheeting and CNC machined the Perko switch to bolt in from behind. I can't leave well enough alone so I engraved the switch nomenclature in the PVC too:p.

I have to thank STEVE BIRTLES for providing the AQUAPRO battery watering system too. Thanks Steve! Everything fits snug as a bug in a rug:)

Tally ho!

Turbokitty 11-02-2011 03:38 PM

7 Attachment(s)
More pictures

Morefire 11-02-2011 04:08 PM

Very nice work!!

bubblerboy64 11-02-2011 04:10 PM

Certainly looks like first class work to me.

Randy Dupree 11-02-2011 07:16 PM

Ryan,its good,very good.
I love that big storage.

Bill Pape 11-02-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbokitty (Post 134281)
More pictures

More Pictures, More Batteries, More power, all is good

Stephen 11-02-2011 08:10 PM

Nice pic of the Aquapro Single point battery watering installation

cemjam 11-03-2011 07:41 AM

Ryan,

What a great setup!! You have done a wonderful job. The only question I have is when can you come to Baltimore to accomplish the same set up in my Bus?????

Turbokitty 11-03-2011 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by cemjam (Post 134350)
Ryan,

What a great setup!! You have done a wonderful job. The only question I have is when can you come to Baltimore to accomplish the same set up in my Bus?????

Chris I think you need a nice winter in Florida:)

Here is my next project can you spell L.O.A.D. into T.O.A.D!

4X4, 4 speed 4 cylinder 400 bucks:p Zero rust! Looking into put'n a 4 cylinder turbo diesel in it too!

Hoagie 11-03-2011 07:22 PM

I'm in total awe! Absolutley incredible knowledge and talent. I wish I had just a portion of it..:)