Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Seguin Diesel Truck Service, Bird Service, Seguin Texas (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715)

Gardendoc 10-31-2009 05:01 PM

Call Clyde Schumman at Seguin Diesel, just outside of San Antonio. A well respected diesel shop, owned by a member of the Lonestar Birds. Clyde owns a bird and has helped keep a lot of the Texas Birds on the road. 830-379-7212

Rick Davis 11-01-2009 07:52 PM

I, too, can certainly vouch for Clyde and his work. He, Sarah, and family are good people. He's busy though, so give him a call early.

JackandLiz 11-11-2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gardendoc (Post 34214)
Call Clyde Schumman at Seguin Diesel, just outside of San Antonio. A well respected diesel shop, owned by a member of the Lonestar Birds. Clyde owns a bird and has helped keep a lot of the Texas Birds on the road. 830-379-7212

DITTO.
We take our BB to Clyde. He is very thorough with inspecting all systems on our house-on-wheels. Pays attention to little stuff and big stuff and everything in between.

We are lucky to have such good resource!!! Just wish that he had a customer waiting room.

Regards,
Jack

Rod 11-12-2009 12:54 AM

Seguin Diesel

Can't say enough about Seguin Diesel just their Monday because of exhaust leak from manifold gasket.We had a broken stud and Clyde worked to get us back on the road.Runs great. so we highly recommend Clyde Schumann at Seguin Diesel Truck Service
555 IH 10 East
Seguin TX. 78155
(830)379-7212

dhart4520 05-07-2011 07:17 PM

Seguin Diesel

Hey everyone, I just want to add another plug for Clyde. He does Quality work and is extremely knowledgable. Its 200 miles for me and you can rest assured that it is worth every mile driven. :)

DonB 05-08-2011 02:46 PM

I was very happy with service performed at Seguin last November. About the only thing I can add is that Clyde likes it to be known that he limits Birds to one at a time; as a small shop that is the only way they can give good service to the Bird while keeping their regular truck customers happy. So, call in advance!

Stoensing 05-14-2011 10:03 AM

Thanks Clyde!

I have been having an issue with our 89' PT transmission not shifting out of neutral. Clyde was able to help me over the phone locate the speed sensor that was causing the code. His advice to remove it and clean it worked.
Thanks Clyde!

giderich 01-23-2016 06:16 PM

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...reply&p=108108

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoensing (Post 108108)
I have been having an issue with our 89' PT transmission not shifting out of neutral. Clyde was able to help me over the phone locate the speed sensor that was causing the code. His advice to remove it and clean it worked.
Thanks Clyde!

Chia30 10-19-2016 11:22 AM

Sad day cause I called Clyd today in Seguin TX to see about having his shop service my BB but was told by his receptionist that they are not taking any new client. Told the truck shop that I found good reviews here on WOG about them. And that I wanted to drive 2 hrs to his shop to start maintaining my bus with them.

Was told by shop that Clyde, the owner, is turning his truck repair shop business over to his son and cant take new customers.

I ask recipintiontist when may take on new BB customer in the future and was told they may not want to anymore...

Clyde, if you are reading this post and would be so kind as to take on one last BB customer that REALLY like his BB than please contact me. I live in cypress TX and really want one good shop that I can trust to help me manage my bird.

Khanh

Rick Davis 10-19-2016 06:55 PM

Khanah, of course Clyde and his son will speak for themselves, but they have not been able to service Bluebirds for some time. It is a very small shop with many dedicated commercial customers that must have their equipment in and out fast, and taking up one of the three bays with a Bird is just not feasible. I recently found the Detroit Diesel shop here in Knoxville to not take in any 2 strokes any more. Clyde and his family are good people and would love nothing better than to help another Birder, but I completely understand if he is not able to help.