Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrical (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Keyless Entry (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1820)

aclark 10-24-2008 09:59 PM

Keyless Entry

I recently purchased a 93 coach and I don't know the code for the keyless entry. Is there a way I can reset it myself or do I need to find a service center?

Rob Robinson 10-24-2008 10:05 PM

Yes you should have a detailed description of how to override the keyless and install a new code in your owners manual. If not let us know and we'll send you the info or a complete PDF manual. Also, could you go into your profile and place a signature block there so we'll know who you are and what coach you have.

aclark 10-24-2008 11:36 PM

I checked the manual but it only talks about how to set a second code and use the system. It doesn't tell me how to reset the factory code.

aclark 10-25-2008 12:23 AM

Rob, If you wouldn't mind sending me a pdf file with the directions to reset the keypad that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.

mbrund 10-25-2008 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aclark (Post 8753)
I checked the manual but it only talks about how to set a second code and use the system. It doesn't tell me how to reset the factory code.

I have a '92 and last time I checked, you can not change the master code. You can set a 2nd code, but it is only temporary until you remove power and then it is lost and you have to set it again.

Rob Robinson 10-25-2008 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbrund (Post 8762)
I have a '92 and last time I checked, you can not change the master code. You can set a 2nd code, but it is only temporary until you remove power and then it is lost and you have to set it again.

Andy, Michael is correct. My files can only help you to reprogramme but not retreive the original code. In my case I found the factory code hand written in my BB Bluebox docs but only after several readings. I wasn't looking for it but found it by accident while reading and re-reading all docs to get a handle on a complicated machine.

aclark 10-25-2008 09:44 AM

Thanks guys. I found the information in my manual on how to set a second code but I haven't found the original code yet. I will keep looking.

peteaeonix 10-25-2008 09:55 AM

Keep digging. I found my entry code on a separate 'card' that had a number of "beginners" tips on it. Of course, the card was buried in the blue box materials, stuck in the back of a binder.

If all else fails and if you're lucky, BB may have the code on file for your coach based on the body number.

doszorros 10-25-2008 03:38 PM

Andy:

The factory code is supplied with the new owner's material and is not available to my knowledge from other than Bluebird if they have the records by coach serial number.

Section 8 of your owners manual tells you how to set a second personal code if you have the factory code.

Other than Bluebird, you might talk to a good alarm company and see if it is possible for them to read the factory code. An alarm company can probably put in a new control board with a new number if you cannot retrieve the Bluebird factory code.

Good luck!

Dieselbird01 10-26-2008 12:39 AM

Hi Andy,

I would look to see if a previous owner wrote the Entry Code in an outside bay. I have seen a couple of Birds that had the Entry Code hand written on one of the bay door frames.