Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Water system purge valve (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=658)

Jim Barone 03-10-2008 12:45 AM

Water system purge valve

This is a 1991 WLWB and under the bed, adjacent to the 12v water pump, is an on/off switch labeled purge valve. In the off position, mine is leaking water. When switched to the on position the water leak stops. Where can I find a replacement valve? and what will happen if I leave the valve in the on position while traveling, until I can replace it? Thanks, Jim Barone fulltiming in Tubac Arizona, leaving for Maryland in two weeks.

birds_first 03-10-2008 11:27 AM

Jim, Check to see if the mechanical link on the end of the cable of the control lever has not slipped between the open & closed position. Put your dial in the closed position and look at the lever end. Then put it in the open position and look at the end. You may see it just loosend and slipped. Mine did this once and I used a litttle blue loctite on the lever screw. It took care of it.

Jim Barone 03-10-2008 12:44 PM

Purge valve switch

John..Thanks for the response...Your water system must be different from mine as I do not have any cables attached to the switch. It is a simple on/off switch with 1/8 water lines attached to it. I've lookes at the switch and cannot see what moves inside the switch but in the off position it drips water. The face of the switch is very corroded so I think it is toast. What is the purpose of the switch and what happens if I leave it in the on position? Jim Barone 1991 WLWB

jwasnewski 03-10-2008 03:25 PM

On the side of the bed frame hidden by a carpeted door on my coach that switch activates a solenoid which allows air to blow in the water lines to clear them for winterizing the coach. In the same compartment there are two twist type drains. One for the water tank and one for the water heater. These drains are operated by cables. If it is like mine leaving it on would place coach air in the system assuming the coach is aired up. Could it just be condensation accumulated in that air line??

Bill Pape 03-10-2008 04:40 PM

Jim,
I agree with Leroy, It is a solenoid to blow the domestic water lines for Winterization.
If you have a water leak, It must be repaired, some of these solenoids can be taken apart and cleaned and reassembled. Not familiar with the valve on your coach , so I will not advice on taking it apart. Use your best judgement,
If it is leaking water, it may be passing water to the air system, On our 88 FC, we have the same controls as Leroy states, in addition there is an air purge for the hotwater tank air purge blow out.

jwasnewski 03-10-2008 04:51 PM

One other thing I thought about after I posted and after reading Bill's post, do you have lanyards and have you drained your air tanks recently? Could be water from there. It seems like you should have an air leak if the coach is aired up because I would think 120psi of air would take care of 45psi of water.
Just thinking out loud.

Jim Barone 03-14-2008 07:27 PM

LeRoy, Bill et all...Thanks for the responses...I"m still having trouble with the water purge valve..Yesterday I shut off the city water and activated the purge valve and the leak stopped..I also filled the water tank and activated the 12v water pump and the leak was present with the pump on.. This valve I am having trouble with has no electrical connections...the only connections are the 1/8 poly tubing and they have water in them. No I have not drained the air tanks as I can't get at them where we are parked. I"m having trouble understanding how this valve can activate a solenoid with only the tubing connections...Any other ideas? Thanks Jim Barone

Bill Pape 03-15-2008 09:02 AM

Jim ,

Try this web site , & look for your valve, Is this the valve ???

search for brass Versa valve, V and T series.

There is a description on page 19 , keep searching,
this web site is not easy to navigate.

http://www.versa-valves.com/

jwasnewski 03-15-2008 11:38 AM

After it stops poring rain I will go into my coach and look at mine. The manual says it has a solenoid. I can understand your question. Give me a couple of hours and I will see how mine is hooked up.

jwasnewski 03-15-2008 12:12 PM

According to my manual my coach has a solenoid. It very well may have had one in the past. I may have had the same problem in the past, don't know. I am attempting to attach a drawing of how it is now.
Incoming air goes through the purge switch to an adjustable air valve much like those you see on air compressors, then to a ball valve, then to the top of the water purifier. Without the ball valve I can see how water might get back to the switch.