Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vehicle Issues (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Cruise control and Vehicle Speed Sensor (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13906)

Donn B 07-01-2012 10:37 AM

Cruise control and Vehicle Speed Sensor

Two problems today and I don't even know if they are related. First I had a near fire in the jenny compartment. There was a bundle of wires that had come loose from the anchors and draped across the top of the jenny. It appeared that the only damage was to the split loom so I just wrapped and remounted the loom to the body.

Started the engine and the jenny and everything looked good so I proceeded with my earlier plans. Once out on the highway, after just two or three minutes the cruise dropped out, and it would not immediately reset. Two or three tries and it again engaged, only to drop out a few seconds later.

About this time the "Check Engine" light came on and the ProDriver alerted me of a "VSS Fault." I pulled over and started looking for anything obvious but found nothing that stood out. Engine temps all looked good so I decided to limp back to the house, which is where I am now.

The cruise has been randomly dropping out since I bought this coach. I was told there was common ground wiring in the front of the coach and that I should just jumper a new ground wire. I did and it seemed that the cruise worked better until now.

I don't know if there is any correlation between my scorched wiring in the jenny compartment but plan to give those wires some close inspection. I also don't know the location of the VSS or even what it might look like. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

fxdwg 07-01-2012 01:00 PM

It's either on the output shaft of the tranny, the driveshaft itself, or next to a wheel if you have notched rear brake drums. Should have 2 or 3 wires going to it. Small and typically round.

Donn B 07-02-2012 10:10 AM

Thanks John. That gives me a starting point.

pairodice 04-22-2013 07:47 AM

Did this get fixed? I have this problem and need help asap please!
Engine Retarder Off (or in the up/enable setting) and push cruise control button then the 'check engine' light comes on... I have checked the connections on the bottom of the instrument cluster where the transmission shifter buttons are located. Will check for a loose ground but not sure which wire is the ground...
I am with Kyle Lott in Corsicana, TX and we will be looking at this today.
Any help greatly appreciated. I definitely have a 'notched' brake drum on the driver side tag but not sure about the others. Anyone got a picture of what the cruise control speed control thingy looks like and the exact location on a 90WB?

Randy Dupree 04-22-2013 10:00 AM

The CC thingie is inside the D-Deck,the engine computer on your engine,nothing on the engine that you can hit,wiggle or lube.
The check engine light coming on is weird..