Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   Parts Wanted (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   92 SP Oil Temperature gauge and Altimeter wanted. (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27934)

biobug 02-27-2017 10:27 PM

92 SP Oil Temperature gauge and Altimeter wanted.

2 Attachment(s)
My Oil Temple gauge does not read right even after buying a new correct sender .I would also like to add an Altimeter that mine did not have. If anyone may have these please let me know.

Thanks!::)

Dieselbird01 02-28-2017 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biobug (Post 370457)
My Oil Temple gauge does not read right even after buying a new correct sender .I would also like to add an Altimeter that mine did not have. If anyone may have these please let me know.

Hi John,

Please post the manufacturer’s name, the manufacturer’s part number and the specifications for the sender you bought.

biobug 02-28-2017 11:14 AM

Thanks. When I get home I will double check the sender. To explain , when we bought the coach the wire to the sender was taped off and the gauge was not working. I hooked it up and it basically pegged to maximum. The motor had been replaced 12000 miles before and I assume the wrong sender was used. I read posts on this and if memory serves I purchased SW sender with the correct ohm ratings according to what was written. When it was hooked up it it reads low like 120 degrees when at running temp. My limited mentality tells me that pegging the gauge probably damaged the gauge.

marvjeanm380 02-28-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

John:

I have one that came out of an 80's model FC. About 3 or 4 years ago I took it to the aircraft instrument shop in Seattle and had it cleaned and calibrated (not aircraft certified) and it works great. I no longer use it and would be willing to part with it. I mounted it in a wooden box so I can't get a decent picture of anything except the box. $125.00 plus shipping. I will ship it and let you try it and then pay me. If you don't like it you can return it.

konehd 02-28-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

I picked up an altimeter on ebay pretty cheap, works OK and matches the altitude markers on the roads...

/Joe

biobug 03-01-2017 11:28 AM

Thanks for the responses. I am going to pull the gauge AND sender and check further when I have the time. Reality hit when we got home and found other more pressing issues of snow damage and issues related to "waking" up the house from hibernation after 2 months of ignorant but fun bliss; etc:eek::(

Howard-James 03-01-2017 10:11 PM

You dont need a Altimeter John you need a THERMOMETER
that way you would be down here drinking beer with me instead of freezing you posterior off up there :D

mpierce 03-01-2017 10:44 PM

Most GPS units have altimeter function that is more accurate than a gauge one.

biobug 03-02-2017 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard-James (Post 370648)
You dont need a Altimeter John you need a THERMOMETER
that way you would be down here drinking beer with me instead of freezing you posterior off up there :D

You got that right Jim!!! A few Kiltlifters and the world would look better!!:D:D And Melvin, you are right... I am just looking for something to do while waiting to go to Casper this summer. I guess curing my 3208 valley leak has me searching for something to spend money on..