Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Least Troublesome Model Year? (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5368)

giderich 02-03-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackandLiz (Post 45357)
Howdy, David.
Thank you for your most informative reply. What did you mean by "mtce issues"?

Regards,
Liz

mtce = maintenance?

Gray Eagle 02-04-2010 07:34 PM

Jack and Liz,
When I said that we had a tilt I should have been more specific in saying that the chassis appears to tilt to the left as you look at it. We thought at first that there might be a leak in the HWH system and we were losing fluid. After having checked the fluid we speculated that there might be an air leak somewhere but that proved wrong as well. When I discussed the issue with George and Jack at Bleakley they seemed to think that it might be a solenoid. I hope to be able to get the coach there in the next week or two to test that theory. Other than that we have had no issues with the HWH system, although the factory replaced the pump some time ago because it was noisy and they were not sure how long it would last.

al perna 02-04-2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackandLiz (Post 45243)
Howdy, WOGers.
I don't know if this message belongs in the General category. If not, please move it.

Of the Wanderlodges that have slide outs, which model year is the least troublesome?

TIA,
Liz Pearce

Liz , I also ask myself that ? Is there more reliability with a none slide over a slide ? Well there is one less possible problem to worry about ! Then If I do go spend 30 to 50 k more for a slide ,which one is more reliable ? over and over the answere is HWH slide ,and a BB owned by a forum member.
that is were we should find less grief. I am going to sit out the winter thinking how I wish I had a slide . I hope come spring I will forget all about the slide and have a extra 50k$$
Hello from Al here at MM264 I65 Flying J Alabama GO TIDE!!!

Gray Eagle 02-05-2010 07:15 PM

Al & Erica,
I think the one slide models will only run you an extra $25K in this economy. Given the relative lack of problems we have had with the one slide model I would say it is worth it. Send me a PM if you want to discuss what I have learned from several dealers we talked to at the RV show in Tampa recently.

davidmbrady 02-05-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gray Eagle (Post 45655)
Al & Erica,
I think the one slide models will only run you an extra $25K in this economy.

If not now, then next week!

JackandLiz 02-06-2010 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gray Eagle (Post 45655)
Al & Erica,
I think the one slide models will only run you an extra $25K in this economy. Given the relative lack of problems we have had with the one slide model I would say it is worth it. Send me a PM if you want to discuss what I have learned from several dealers we talked to at the RV show in Tampa recently.

Please share this information with this Forum. You don't have to mention the dealer's names.

TIA,
Liz

JackandLiz 02-06-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al perna (Post 45548)
Liz , I also ask myself that ? Is there more reliability with a none slide over a slide ? Well there is one less possible problem to worry about ! Then If I do go spend 30 to 50 k more for a slide ,which one is more reliable ? over and over the answere is HWH slide ,and a BB owned by a forum member.
that is were we should find less grief. I am going to sit out the winter thinking how I wish I had a slide . I hope come spring I will forget all about the slide and have a extra 50k$$
Hello from Al here at MM264 I65 Flying J Alabama GO TIDE!!!

Howdy, Al.
How did your coach do for you in that snow in Nashville? RE: slide - I concluded that there is serious storage loss with a Bird with a slide. Storage is crucial to us as fulltimers. Also the loss of overhead cabinets in the coach is a factor, also. So-o-o, we will just keep our Bird forever!!

Regards,
Liz

al perna 02-06-2010 01:35 PM

:)And A Howdy to you Liz.
Well I must say , with only one snow plow they did take some time to clean things up.
as to the storage loss on a slide, after the cabin fever of this winter Id just have to do with less for the trade off. Im just glad Im not back in Phila. I think the bus would nt be moving for a while. How about you guys weres home these days:)

JackandLiz 02-06-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al perna (Post 45738)
Well I must say , with only one snow plow they did take some time to clean things up.
as to the storage loss on a slide, after the cabin fever of this winter Id just have to do with less for the trade off. Im just glad Im not back in Phila. I think the bus would nt be moving for a while. How about you guys weres home these days:)

Well, home is where we park it!! ;) Right now we are parked at the Lone Star Corral, an Escapees cooperative park, located in Dhanis, TX. We are about 48-50 miles west of San Antonio. http://www.lonestarcorral.com

We have sunshine and about 70 degrees at 3:40 P.M. This A.M. it was 39 degrees at 5:30.

Liz

Bumpersbird 02-07-2010 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al perna (Post 45738)
:)

WE GOT A SNOW PLOW???!!!