Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   'Bird Projects & Modifications (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Finn's Inn Flies Again (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34487)

Randy Dupree 08-01-2019 08:43 PM

We are not taking in any outside work these days,but you can get a tour of the warehouse.

Turbokitty 08-02-2019 12:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy Dupree (Post 459588)
We are not taking in any outside work these days,but you can get a tour of the warehouse.

Ya mean you are doing all the "outside" work inside now, har!

markusfmeyer 08-02-2019 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revision (Post 459583)
Good deal, Dana. I may pick your brain down the line regarding your plan. For now, we're cruising with the windows down and the tunes up!

Why not run the generator as roof airs? That dash air even if working wouldn't cool the whole coach.

Revision 08-02-2019 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markusfmeyer (Post 459605)
Why not run the generator as roof airs? That dash air even if working wouldn't cool the whole coach.

Not interested in the increased fuel consumption and increased wear/tear on genset for something so minor as A/C. If we find ourselves in a situation that is unbearable in the future though, we will do exactly that.

Dash A/C is lopro for us, just something I noted to look in to. For the time being, opening all the windows airs out the entire coach quite well and gets a good breeze going.

B.Nyhof 08-02-2019 09:59 AM

It would be better for your generator to run more often than not. It seems that generators that sit have more issues than ones that are run more. Ours is running 80-90% of the time rolling down the road. I always figures about a gallon an hour of fuel. Not much in the whole scheme of things. Just my opinion.

Revision 08-02-2019 10:05 AM

On the boats we run an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening for charge cycle. It'll be a balancing act as we intend to add solar and increase boondocking ability, but she'll get exercised regardless. Thanks for the input.

Dennis 08-02-2019 06:57 PM

I met John when he came to Malibu a few years back and really liked him and his coach. He spent the night parked next to my coach before going up the coast to a military campground. We are/were both AF vets and he lived in the same town in S.C. that my niece does. Small world. He was a great guy and I really liked his coach. There's just something about a BB regardless of the year that gives me the chills in a positive way. As a pilot the older BB's have an aircraft cockpit feel including altimeter. I wish you lots of good travels in that bird and my sense is John's soul is happy you will be making it your own.

CaptPegLeg 08-02-2019 08:46 PM

It’s recommended to run the generator at least an hour a month at full load to keep it dry. The fuel it burns really is inconsequential.

nbedinger 08-03-2019 07:01 PM

I read the oil change interval for my 3-cyl Kubota in the Onan manual. 40 hrs is what I recall it said (and the shock/denial still hasn't worn off). Weekly oil changes?? Solar panels on the roof sure takes a load off my mind and my Onan. Even if 40 is a typo. :confused:

Revision 08-03-2019 11:15 PM

@Dennis, you're not kidding about the world being small. I was looking for an AirBNB near hopkins and it turns out I have an uncle about 30 mins from John's that I haven't seen in 12 years after he moved west...apparently he moved east again at some point, and he let me crash and drove me around in exchange for helping him build a deck. It was awesome! Thanks for the luck, I hope John is enjoying the ride.

PegLeg Ty, we'll exercise more than that, although unclear on what the maximum load we're currently capable of inducing is. I have some space heaters I can use to load it up if necessary, thanks. Also, we'll be in Hatteras in Sept...not sure if we'll be in the bus or just traveling by car. We're both mariners as well.

Ned - Thanks for the info. Was digging around in the spares and found the replacement for the oil pressure switch that is leaking, so hoping to knock out the genset oil change tomorrow. For sure looking for expandable solar, but we'll need to fabricate brackets and juggle some stuff around on the roof. The satellite dome and tv antenna are extraneous and will free up some space, but that's all TBD. Thanks for the thoughts!

- r