Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Engine will not crank (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35216)

Siam Express 11-09-2019 12:03 AM

Have you tried firing up the generator and then use the auxiliary battery and try to start it

Chief607 11-09-2019 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double R (Post 469337)
You mean rocker switch on dash??? I did try that

yes Im sorry I was referring to the rocker on the dash

max hendrix 11-09-2019 02:00 AM

Battery Disconnect or Master switch off ??? The BMC I used to own had both of those. I’m not sure if yours has those or not..

Always check and recheck the last things you worked on.

Max.

atckip 11-09-2019 08:28 AM

If it was starting before the battery change, It has to be something you reinstalled incorrectly....easy to do with wiring...recheck

jcs707 11-09-2019 08:58 AM

if you've checked and re-checked all the simple stuff, and confirmed the cabling, switch positions, ...etc. ... you can begin looking at the inputs to the neutral start relay. Voltage readings on the various pins of K24 will tell you an awful lot about what's going on with the entire start circuit.

But don't dig into that until you've confirmed the simple stuff.

Randy Dupree 11-09-2019 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double R (Post 469323)
Greeting and thanks in advance for any help offered!

Still a newbie (1 year and about 2000 miles logged)

Replaced engine batteries yesterday, and after replacing tried to start and nothing. To be more specific I get power when key is turned and colts look good but when I turn switch no click click or start. Just flat. Batteries tested and are good. A/t switch is in correct position and all electronic switch is on. Not sure if something may need to be reset after battery installation. I am hoping it’s not the starter. Could it be the ignition switch

1999 wb lxi. DD series 60

Thanks again

Was everything normal BEFORE replacing the batteries?
Like,did it start and run and all that?
Were the old batteries no good?
we need more info.

bubblerboy64 11-09-2019 01:20 PM

I bought batteries one time and three out of six were bad. I think they sat over winter and froze before they sold. Only way I figured was to load test. Returned the batteries to Walmart installed. Fired off like always. Admittedly unlikely but if you have tried everything else. Could be the starter . Sounds like all else has been checked

bubblerboy64 11-09-2019 01:30 PM

Just a little more on this. What was happening was I’d run the generator and checked the voltage at the batteries and they would read good but as soon as I would attempt to start the voltage would drop drastically with just one try. The batteries were not charging . You have to have AMPS not just volts So that’s why you need to load test

Double R 11-09-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max hendrix (Post 469341)
Battery Disconnect or Master switch off ??? The BMC I used to own had both of those. I’m not sure if yours has those or not..

Always check and recheck the last things you worked on.

Max.

Both are one

Double R 11-09-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy Dupree (Post 469351)
Was everything normal BEFORE replacing the batteries?
Like,did it start and run and all that?
Were the old batteries no good?
we need more info.

Old batteris where no good
Everything was running fine before replacement
Replaced and re installed. And still nothing