Wanderlodge Owners Group

Wanderlodge Owners Group (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php)
-   HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Watts Tempering valve (https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35618)

Sandytoes 01-13-2020 01:59 PM

Watts Tempering valve

I had been having an issue with the hot water running out when in the shower. Having a long continuous shower resulted in the hot water running out so navy showers were the standard. I had the repair kit installed with the result that the hot water did not get more than warmish. It lasted a long time but was just ok for a shower but not to have hot, hot water for dishes. Anyway, a call to Watts revealed that the handle can be removed and reset on the other side of the valve stop, allowing for continued range of adjustment. Water temps now where they should be, and for no cost. I had never read about that anywhere so I am passing on that information. I hope this helps others.

Sandytoes 01-15-2020 12:38 AM

A follow up to the above information. Further use and testing reveals that, although the warm water temperature has gone up, it is not to the point that can be called hot. More examination of the valve is required.

susanmarycamilleri 01-15-2020 02:17 AM

A few years ago I discovered that the hot water orifice in the tempering valve had almost completley closed from hard water deposits. I replaced the entire valve which solved my problem. Also the adjustment knob on my old valve was badly fouled by deposits that it was impossible to turn.

I ordered the tempering valve off of Amazon, it is a standard part.

birds_first 01-15-2020 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susanmarycamilleri (Post 474384)
A few years ago I discovered that the hot water orifice in the tempering valve had almost completley closed from hard water deposits. I replaced the entire valve which solved my problem. Also the adjustment knob on my old valve was badly fouled by deposits that it was impossible to turn.

I ordered the tempering valve off of Amazon, it is a standard part.

Just say I'm too lazy to go pull off the cover to see if I can find a part number. Can you tell us which Watts Tempering Valve you ordered from Amazon. They have several. Thanks

susanmarycamilleri 01-16-2020 01:26 AM

John
No I can,t without going and looking at my Aquahot. I do not have the receipt from several years ago. I think if you look up the aquahot parts you could find it there.
I do remember that Aquahot sells the Watts tempering valve for about 3x the cost off of amazon, or ebay.
I had a quick look on Amazon, and I think I know which one it is, but not confident enough to have you spend your money on it.

Rob Robinson 01-16-2020 01:45 AM

I or Pete replaced my tempering valve with this

Apr 2017 ordered new hot water tempering valve for Aqua Hot. Bought from Zoro part
information......1/2 inch LF70A lead free sweat tempering valve $33.15.

susanmarycamilleri 01-16-2020 01:57 AM

Thanks Rob, that is the one I thought it was from the picture on Amazon. It is $75 Can, now there.
You are missing a huge snow storm, we should have stayed south.

birds_first 01-16-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susanmarycamilleri (Post 474455)
John
No I can,t without going and looking at my Aquahot. I do not have the receipt from several years ago. I think if you look up the aquahot parts you could find it there.
I do remember that Aquahot sells the Watts tempering valve for about 3x the cost off of amazon, or ebay.
I had a quick look on Amazon, and I think I know which one it is, but not confident enough to have you spend your money on it.

Thanks, we'll see what we can find.

Clueless 01-16-2020 11:13 AM

Peter,
Do you need more parts than this....
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Watts-1-...kn2KWUgrXSjUs0

susanmarycamilleri 01-16-2020 01:36 PM

David
I do not need any parts, I replaced mine several years ago. When I did replace mine I had to replace the whole valve because the hole that let the hot water out was clogged by mineral deposits.