View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008

Default BMC Inverters

I noticed that Dan had questions on the BMC Yahoo forum so I thought I'd post my reply here as well

Dan, In my 95 BMC I have a Heart Freedom Model 25 Inverter (I assume the original) which includes a battery charger. I hardly ever use it except occasionally to run a computer or something. Of course it charges the battery on shore power or the generator even when not turned on. When we are dry camping I run the generator about 1-2 hrs per day and that seems to do it for my batteries. I have 2 very big "Workaholic" deep cycle house batteries and 3 maintenance free starting batteries. (I don't know why, but every BMC I have seen seems to have different battery configurations. Most have 3 coach batteries and only 2 starting batteries). My batteries are over 4 years old and we have had no problems with this setup. I don't know anything about the technical side of Invertors, but mine seems to work OK. I sure wouldn't spend a lot of money to change it. And, as you know, we have been full time for over 3 years.

The inverter I have will not run the refrigerator

If you need any other info, please let me know.

Best,

Lee - 423-292-5767 or Jacque 423-262-9569
or lnjdavis@gmail.com Please call or email instead of private messages

1995 BMC 37
300 HP Cummins 6CTA 8.3 Turbocharged Diesel
Boldly Going Nowhere
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #117