View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017
Burnin Up in Az. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie View Post
Hi Bill nice toes , I do actually have those pictures (but had not noticed the air bag setup, but I need the non one too ) and I have referenced the chassis one where I can, but its a bit more guessing and the suspension location/layout is hidden. I have the lub chart looking down from the top which I used to work out spring locations and that is where I figured the springs sat on the outside.........until our man Mike threw me a curve ball with half under and half to the side, I need to give that one some thinking. The spares parts manuals (although I do not know the model numbers) did help but now I am not sure.
I have worked on the side of and under the chassis setups but never seen that 1/2 1/2 layout here.
Thank you for the thought and the pictures it is appreciated, and thanks Mike for throwing me under the bus (although that's exactly what I really need )
Geordie, here's the pic of the rear hanger outside the frame. I'll try to get a pic of the front springs today so you can see the 50/50 split. If you notice on the rear hanger they bolt to the side and wrap under the frame rail. The fronts do that too only the center of the spring is 1/2 under the bottom corner of the rail.

Don't ask me how I know all this but let me also say don't use a cheap Harbor Freight press on the bus, it doesn't survive real pressure. I did replace some parts with stronger ones and also upgraded all the bolts so it's still alive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spring installed shackle-sm.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	49238   Click image for larger version

Name:	Frozen U-Bolts-sm.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	49239   Click image for larger version

Name:	Broke Press2-sm.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	49240   Click image for larger version

Name:	Broke Press5-sm.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	49241   Click image for larger version

Name:	Broke Press6-sm.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	49242  
eMail=[EMAIL="Mike.Putz@cox.net"]Mike.Putz@cox.net[/EMAIL] | Web=[url]http://mikeputz.com/[/url][COLOR=#0000ff]
Solar = [url]https://www.solarpenny.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=257[/url][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow][I]FMCA #236459, [/I][I]Good Sam #17270530, [/I][I]Vintage Birds #1509[/I][/FONT][/CENTER]