View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011

Jim,

Ha, ha, ha.

I stopped by yesterday but the car was gone and the Jack Russell was standing watch.

I had Parliament install the fuse holders, although now I would do it myself. I bought the switches from them, the same switches they used on their Prevost conversions, so I figured probably okay. I made the brackets and installed them myself. Here is an excerpt from my coach data record:

"The chassis batteries were wired to one post, but a smaller wire was wired to another post, directly from the battery, supposedly to give cleaner power to the ECM. This was changed to wire the second post through a double pole switch so that the battery bank may be completely disconnected. Cole-Hersee 2PST p/n 75907. Good for continuous 300 amps, 2000 amps for 30 seconds. The smaller pole is good for 20 amps continuous.
NB: DO NOT TURN OFF THE BATTERY SWITCH WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING, or the spike will blow the regulator.

The coach battery banks were each wired to the same terminal on the shunt. This was revised to wire the banks to a new post, then to the switch, then a heavier wire to the shunt. Cole-Hersee 2PST p/n 75908. Switch is good for continuous 300 amps, and 2000 amps for 30 seconds.
NB: DO NOT TURN OFF THE BATTERY SWITCH WITH THE COACH PLUGGED IN."

See you soon.