View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Default Emergency read this message to carry with you.

I have traveled with pets for almost the past 30 years or so, it is hard to remember when I didn't have a four legged companion along with me in my business and pleasure travels. It wasn't until recently that I started to do more than just put ID tags on them and luckily the only time that a pet got lost was one of my current pets Buddy, about a month after I rescued him out of a animal shelter in Rock island, Ill and it was a very gracious rescuers that found him in the middle of a busy street after he had escaped from my Dad's care. The rescuers read my phone number on his collar and called me and we made arrangements to meet after they got through shopping, they took Buddy with them and then brought him back and refused any kind of compensation for their efforts.

Now Buddy like to really travel, almost to an extreeme......

Now I like to go off and ride my motorcycle and while Buddy normally goes with me if I take the car, he doesn't like the motorcycle and I don't like to take him where I would have to leave him in the car by himself if it is too hot, so he and his new companion Cally Cat stay in the 'Bird with the AC's going to keep them cool. I know that there is the chance that I could be involved in an accident, or have a health problem, so I carry a "IN AN EMERGENCY READ THIS" message that gives information on exactly where to find my 'Bird, which I full time in and also that the two "KIDS" of mine are in there. I always update it whenever I move the 'Bird to a new spot to park it.

I have attached a PDF file of what it looks like and when it is folded up and placed in my billfold, the front that is first seen is the IN AN EMERGENCY READ THIS, with the two photos of Buddy and Cally showing.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IN AN EMERGENCY READ THIS.pdf (215.4 KB, 191 views)

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11