View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009

Default Do you know a wood flooring install artist for us?

Hi gang,

We are wanting a wood floor installed in our 1994 Wanderlodge. We traveled to Santa Barbara specifically to have a person install one but he appears to be too busy doing other projects even though we planned it with him 6 months ago. So here we are in Southern California twiddling our thumbs. We are looking for someone of skill that you could call an artists in their work. A wood floor install guru (particularly Bluebird experienced) if there is such a thing. Any ideas on who this person could be to install this wood floor in our home? We will be traveling to Yuma, AZ around Dec. 7 for a month to have solar panels installed and the coach electrical system totally redone by Starlight Solar (batteries, inverters, charge controllers/monitors, the works). We will be in Quartzsite from early January into February, and then Sedona, AZ area until May. So an artist wood floor installer in these areas would be great. As you can see, I am pretty anxious about getting quality so please recommend the best.

We were thinking about Bamboo flooring light in color since the wood in our coach is light (current wood has slight white washed look). Anyone against this idea due to easy scratching or any other reason. Any better suggestions for a beautiful and very durable floor throughout our entire coach?

Also, any comments on Starlight Solar in Yuma and the quality of their work?

I appreciate any information. Our coach is about to go through a very interesting transformation as we upgrade and renew to make our home exactly what we want. We elected to upgrade the coach we have rather than transfer to a different coach. So, I will be asking lots of questions in the near future.

Jerry
1992 Ford F250 4x4 Toad