View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018

Default 1973 Manuals

I have a 73, unfortunately no manuals came with it. However I found the 1973 Chassis manual to be very useful. That being said the 1977 wiring diagrams in the 1977 owners manual are quite close. Most of the color codes match the 73's wiring. Both of these manuals are available in the download section of the form.

The PO modified my unit, installed a Chevy 454, moved the starting batteries to the LH front storage compartment and eliminated a lot of original cabling. I am in the process of upgrading to the cat engine and wiring to the 1978 "standard" which comes closest to supporting the 3208 engine.

I need one of the more knowledgeable members to verify this, When you compare the 77 and 78 manuals it looks like the factory made several wiring upgrades.

1) The manufacture replaced the 3 fuse blocks (ign, acc and 12v body) with Circuit breakers.
2) Plugs were added to the dash assembly.
3) more breakers were added to the LH overhead panel to accommodate more options.
4) The amp meter Shunt was re-specified when they changed to Stewart Warner gauges.

Thank you

Good luck
Ken Slusser
Happy Wanderer
1973 Winnie Brave