View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015

Default replacement anenometers for Girard awning automatic retract controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGas View Post
Do you guys have problems with your wind sensor? At Q this year with wind howling noticed birdie up top making loud "bad bearing" noise. Since I will never go off and leave the awning out, fix was to remove the spinner. Any harm in leaving it like that or should I replace the sending unit?

I don't think you will have any problems leaving the spinner off. If you decide that you want to fix it, you can purchase the anemometer portion directly from Girard for about $125. I have encountered low tree limbs on multiple occasions that are tougher than the plastic windmill. Over the years I have purchased two replacements. FYI I didn't pull new wires the first time, just spliced and insulated/sealed with heat shrink tubing.

After the last failure I took a few drastic steps and build a new stainless steel mount and guard. Seems to be working fine but I have not tested it against a large limb. Let me know if anyone is interested in a similar set up, and will get updated pricing from the company that made mine.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf photo 1.1.pdf (315.8 KB, 126 views)
File Type: pdf photo 1.2.pdf (390.1 KB, 95 views)
File Type: pdf photo 1.3.pdf (1,009.6 KB, 99 views)