View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012

Default Still chasing power issues

snipped:
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbucks13477 View Post
How many of you fellows that believe the 12.5KW Kohler/Perkins diesel is noisey have actually listened to the same diesel that has had the injectors rebuilt ( I mean they have been used for only 20-25 years), the injector pump recalibrated and the insulation replaced with good quality insulation? .... So add a few cheap gaskets and some insulation, get the injectors rebuilt and the injection pump rebuilt and/or recalibrated and you will have one of the very best diesel engines on the market.
Ai-ee, this is the best pointer from an hour of poking the search function.

So Festina Lente is at the shop our emergency mechanic recommended. The generator starts ["a wire was loose"] and runs, but does not charge the batteries. I.e., we're still looking for the inverters.... HELP?

Item [viz. rebuilding the motor], he says the Perkins has a Lucas injector pump. The pressure switch that screws into the injector pump - right between the supply lines - is leaking. He's up in there with a mirror and cannot read the part# - can anyone help with that datum? [Meanwhile I've pulled two Perkins parts lists from the Files area and am emailing those to him.]

I'm very amused by everyone's opinions of Kohler, and leaning toward embracing Shane's recommendation of a Stamford/Newage once we sort out the Perkins side.

Debbie Huffman Grey
Finally full-timing / Kids in Houston, Texas
1985 PT-40 "Festina Lente"
1993 Toyota Pickup "Phoenix"
FMCA 424082 VB 1639 SKP 112690 GS Life Member