View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by birds_first View Post
Look at the map and find the route from I40W over to I81N then take 32 to Morristown TN, Then pick up US25E the Cumberland Gap Parkway, very scenic, you'll miss the Knoxville traffic and come back out on I-75 in Corbin, Kentucky. I've done it dozens of times and it's good roads 3 & 4 lanes most of the way. John Finn & I did it together once.
Cumberland Gap NP is a nice place to visit. If you are coming through the Louisville, KY area we have a couple 50 amps sitting idle.

That was when I still had the Cat 3208 NA and I was pulling my trailer, the hardest part was pulling the hill up to the Bean Station observation area, after that it is a series of rolling hills. I have been using that route for years even before there was any four lanes and the highway went up over Cumberland Gap, now you drive through a tunnel.

I take I-40 west to I-81 north to Exit #8 US 25E (US 25 Byp / 32 Byp) and follow it all the way to Korbin, KY.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11