View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Default Maxton Camping Area Cleanup

I am at the Wal Mart Campground (Supercenter) in Laurinburg, NC on my way to Maxton, NC to race this weekend. I will be at the track on Thursday to do some cleanup of the camping area that we are going to use from now on. The weather didn't cooperate last month for my cleanup project, but it is going to be sunny and hot at least until Saturday afternoon.

I am going to be doing some broom work early in the day and then I will spray weed and grass killer on the weeds. There are also a lot of staples close to the Manufactured Homes Plant fence that need to be swept up and then picked up, I had planned to buy a magnet to do that with but forgot to stop at Northern Tool that has the one I want to use.

The guy from the airport that cuts the grass on the side that we use for the ECTA Races, said that he will also trim the grass and weeds in our area, but I want to kill the weeds too, that are in the expansion joints of the concrete parking area.

If anybody that happens to be in the area feels energetic and wants to come out and help, that would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know ahead of time, if you are coming.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11