View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Default 50AMP Shore Power Cord Repair/Replacement

The original female plug as seen at the right, is a Arrow Hart, Hart Lock, 50A 240V DC, 50A 600V AC, EQ Grounded. Arrow Hart is now manufactured by Leviton the replacement plug is the (Arrow Hart: AN) Leviton 7764-C

Make note of the recessed grounding area on the original plug on the right and the Leviton on the left.

They are both TWIST LOCK style plugs that have to be inserted straight in and then twisted clockwise to lock or hold the plug in place.

The female plug end is available at; http://www.galesburgelectric.com/Leviton-7764C-50-Amp-250-Volt-DC-600-Volt-AC-3-Pole-Locking-C-p-2510.html

The 50 amp shore power cord can be found at commercial electrical supply stores. You will need a 50 AMP, 4 wire, AWG: 6/3 + 8/1 cord they are sold as a Mobile Home / RV power Cord. They also can be found at RV supply stores and at some Wal Marts in the Auto/RV supply department as 50AMP RV extension cords, you will need to cut the female end of the cable off and then replace it with the replacement Leviton 7764-C end.

UPDATE; !!!SEE FURTHER IMPORTANT FOLLOWUP INFORMATION ABOUT THE FEMALE PLUG MENTIONED BELOW, BY READING POST #3 IN THIS THREAD!!!

One of the forum members came up with this link and it is very similar to the original style and construction;

Hubbell 50 Ampere 125/250 Volt for Female Plug HBL63CM64

Nickel plated brass connector body has a heat resistant thermoset interior and combination metal and rubber cord grip, which provides superior strain relief capability.

It can be purchased at;
http://www.rivermarinesupply.com/xca...male_Plug.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	50 AMP FEMALE REPLACEMENT PLUG.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	356.1 KB
ID:	1842   Click image for larger version

Name:	t_10918.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	1843  

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11