View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017

Duncan

If you haven't already, recommend you check out my M380 All Electric Conversion thread - http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...t=25074&page=6

Around post 53 is where I get around to installing a completely new battery system. After lots of deliberation about lithiums I ended up staying with lead. Like you I chose L 16's but went with Full River AGM's. So far, am very happy with their performance. I also put a large solar array on the roof like you are planning. Chose to go with smaller 60 cell panels for both aesthetics and because they are easier to install. Didn't want them placed way up in the air above the coach or hanging over the sides. I love seeing the surprise when I tell someone I have 1.4 kW of solar on the roof . Whichever battery type you go with, make sure to contact the battery manufacturer and obtain their optimum charging profile. Do not simply use time! The Magnum MS2812 can be custom configured to end the absorption phase when the battery is actually fully charged. Failure to do this will dramatically reduce your battery life. Since you have the Magnum already, I hope you consider the PT100 solar charge controller instead of what everyone typically uses. Those two boxes work perfectly together with the remote control head and the single PT100 cost is the same or less than multiple Midnight Classics, when installing larger watt systems.

I wish you all the best with your project!