View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010

Default 6V fuel pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERLEY View Post
My 6V has a mechanical pump that is very visible on the back of the motor. Fuel is sucked from the tank through a Raycor filter and then a 30 micron spin on filter. Then it goes to the pump. Once it is there it goes through a 5 micron spin on filter and tee's to either head on the engine. I changed my pump when we put new heads on it. They are a very high flow low pressure pump; there is no need for an additional pump. I don't remember the spec as to how many gallons they pump per hour but it is crazy compared to traditional 4-stroke engines. That is why condensation can be a problem due to fuel heating.

So you are only getting fuel to one head or no fuel at either one?
Here is a picture of the little pump; sorry its a little dark. The copper line is the suction. Have you checked your Raycor filter? Any little air leak will not let it prime and pull fuel. There also can be a check valve in the system to help hold the fuel in place. I had a ton of fuel problems with my bus when I bought it; so I had to learn all about it the hard way.

I have the service manual on cd for the 92 series engines. The fuel section is 158 MB and is a .pdf format. It shows diagrams, exploded views, pump service instructions, etc; I can try to send it to you somehow; little big for email; if you wish.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00081-20100409-0816.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	380.8 KB
ID:	4636  

Member of the 2-bird Club
93 WB-40
83 PT-40

2007 Jeep Wrangler 4-door