View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfedeli View Post
Hi John,

I'd like to put a 30A buddy plug on the coach. How would you recommend doing this with a 240V genny? I have a double breaker in the genny compartment already. Could I just tee off of that box using just one of the legs for 30A @ 110Volts?
Shane,

I personally didn't do the panel or circuit breaker box wiring on any of these, but I had an electrician friend of mine do that, but all of the other work was done by me, he told me what to get and I buried the wires and mounted the panel and outlets, I also didn't weld up the trailer just designed it the way I wanted it, it was originally a wrecked john boat trailer that I got for free.

We used the circuit breaker box in the generator compartment for the 50AMP BUDDY PLUG on the 'Bird, mainly because of ease of wiring and not having to run a new wire up through the coach and to the breaker box in the rear bath closet, so the wiring you suggest sounds right to me, as that would be similar to using one side of the circuit breaker panel on the inside of your 'Bird correct?

Here is a good item on the forum to read up about wiring RV Electric Service, Connections and Basic Information

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11