View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010

Default Front TV Final Installation Done

I finished the final installation of the new front TV as well as all the components that go in the cavity that the old TV occupied. Instead of installing a black grill at the top of the TV, I decided to install a Samsung sound bar which integrates perfectly with the Samsung LED TV. I decided that the sound bar would give a good sound experience along with the wireless sub woofer that operates with it. The sound is excellent.

In order to install the sound bar on top, I had to lower the TV a few inches. It all worked out well and still looks beautiful and built in. Behind the new TV in the cavity is 3 DirectTV DVR's, mini desktop PC with wireless keyboard and integrated wireless mouse function, 2nd gen AppleTV, Motosat Satellite Dish Controller, Terk omni-directional digital TV antenna. One of the DVR's can be easily removed and placed in our 4x4 Roadtrek when we go on outings in the Roadtrek which we dub our "escape pod" and the Bluebird the "mothership".

Everything is controlled by a Logitech universal remote with color touchscreen. It is quite the modern and sophisticated system. Our Bluebird is shaping up nicely with all the electrical and electronic upgrades we have been doing. We are now ready to embark on the interior redo with new couch, driver, passenger seat fabrics. We will be replacing the front windshield pleated privacy shade with motorized combination privacy screens and adjustable sun screens for driving into the sun. The rope lighting has to be replaced too as some bulbs are starting to burn out after 16 years of use. The front paint clear coat needs some TLC as well as touchups all around. New holding tank level system, Primus system electrical heat upgrade (if I can find the parts), and whatever other fun things I can think of.

Here are the final pics of the front TV:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03842.JPG
Views:	521
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	7128   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03843.JPG
Views:	505
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	7129   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03844.JPG