View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by birds_first View Post
Thanks for all the good words; I just wanted to post an update. We had the lung biopsy done a week ago this past Friday and we went to get the sutures removed yesterday and got word on the pathology report. No Cancer was detected, but I do have heavy lung scaring from past transgressions and now severe emphysema. I guess a few poor life choices and ignorance caught up to me. I have not smoked in over 20 years, and when I did smoke I may have smoked for a total of 10 – 15 years. (RJR - Salem smokes, it was stupid, I got addicted to that cool menthol taste). We have another appointment in April to discuss potential long term treatment options, but eventually I may require supplemental oxygen. When I was released from the hospital they gave me a prescription for Oxycodone, well if the oxy was not going to kill me Fran was, it made me see weird stuff and I was a royal pain in her @$$, but I be a good boy now.
JOhn
Glad you dodged the big "C"
is your diagnosis emphysema or COPD.
M brother has had COPD for years and has done well. Travels in their RV to Mexico for months at a time. Need to be a good boy and do as Dr says. In )% was in car accident. I second the experience with narcotics. I was crazy as a bedbug and didnt remember being a complete jerk.( but was told I was good at it)

Our prayers are with you

John and Wanda Redden