View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

I finished this project, by using a Eaton / Cutler Hammer CHU1S Weatherproof 50 AMP connector box that I purchased at Lowe's along with the 2 spare 30amp shore power extension cords that I had from my old bus. I removed the 30amp female ends and then wired the 50amp female plug in the box this way below. this will give me the 2 - 30amp to 1 - 50amp adapter.

http://www.pbase.com/image/113615571

Then I rewired the 30amp female plugs that I had removed from the cords described above onto the extra 20AMP shore power cords, that were actually 30amp service shore power cords, with heavy duty 20amp male plugs. I used heavy duty butt connectors and heat shrink tubing and then reinforced the spliced section of the cord with plastic tubing that was then secured with electrical tape to help remove any strain put on the spliced wires. This will give me a 20amp to 30amp adapter for each of the 30amp cords above and while they are quite a bit longer cords than you would gt with a store bought adapters, they will allow the use of different 30amp or 20 amp plugs locate far apart and with the 3 - 10 gauge wiring should limit the loss of voltage for the distance used, plus MORE IS BETTER....right?

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11