View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013
Movin' On

Unhappy 5-4th Speed Shift - Air Throttle vs Cruise Control

Shane,
I have attached a photo of the right side of the transmission and I can see the modulator towards the front of the coach and the shift adjuster towards the rear on the picture. When I replace the modulator is it a simple of removing the bolt I saw to the right on what looks like a retainer, pulling out the old modulator and replacing with the new one with the new O-ring. Is there any other gaskets needed and will the fluid start running out?

I have not traced the airline back to the treadle air valve yet. I have wondered of the treadle valve needs to be rebuilt. It looks like air may be leaking out of one seal, if it really is a seal. It looks like it would be a major project to get the treadle valve out.

Bill, Don & Jane
The CC5 throttle control valve was recently cleaned when the mechanic noticed that the air throttle was leaking air out of the valve and preventing full throttle application. When it was cleaned the coach went up hills mush better. However; I have not had the solenoids cleaned. Are there some procedures and a kit available for cleaning them?

Once again I want to thank everyone for the help. I would not be able to solve this problem without your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00042.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	26258   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00044.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	26259