View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014

Hey I had a "Save the Bales" T-shirt, got it in Port Aransas in the 70's, my friends and I were always cruising the beach looking for bales, never did find any. The 70's sure were fun, you sure could get away with a lot of stuff back then, more than a few times the cops just laughed at us and left, of course a few times they first asked "are you Louis's kid?", then they laughed and left, it was not so funny when I got home.

I guess it was about '74-'75, we were still using bicycles for transportation, friends set up a bike ramp at the bottom of a steep street, most of us were just going about half way up the hill for our run at the ramp. New kid shows up and and decides he is going to the top of the hill, it was a spectacular run, he is pedaling and building speed the whole way down the hill, hits the ramp and launches, he went high, he went far, then he completely wadded it up into the pavement. We ride over to him laughing, until he stood up and we saw the bone sticking out of his arm, he took one look at his arm and started screaming and running down the street crying and headed for home. We learned a lesson about meditation that day, his mom was a paisely dress wearing hippy that decided she could meditate his arm back into place, after about half an hour of that it was pretty obvious to us that it was not working so another friend went and got his mom and she took the kid to the hospital.

I've got some good stories, not sure I'll ever put them in print though, especially on the internet. If we are ever sitting around a campfire ask me about my first job out of college repo-ing stolen drug running airplanes out of Mexico