Thread: Water Fill Part
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
Dan. I am not near my unit but that Jabsco unit has a right angle outlet fitting. When you installed yours was that a problem? My original unit cracked and when I removed it there was not much room behind to do any hook ups. The cracked unit may not have been the original bit was not a right angle outlet. Thanks
Hi Bruce, it wasn't a problem for me but I just replaced the Jabasco because the back flow preventer failed for the second time. This time around I used an all stainless water inlet. Ambassador Marine Water Inlet, 316 Stainless Steel

The cut out for the original jabasco was larger so I took a piece of tin I had laying around and used it to fill in the void. I also picked up a Camco 23303 1/2" Back-Flow Preventer and put the on the backside. To top it off just incase the back flow preventer fails I bought a Brass Shut Off Valve that I have on the outside. If I am in a park and don't know the water pressure when filling the tank I use a Camco RV Brass Inline Water Pressure Regulator.

I did this when I had my nightstand out for my PEX plumbing project this summer. I will get around to my writeup sooner or later . Anyway it makes this easier getting to the backside of the inlet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Water Inlet.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	64568  

Best Regards,
Dan Leftwich
Somers NY
1987 35FC
"BaBar"