View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefixr66 View Post
Good morning Tom, Question 1- that is the norm, question 2- also the norm, question 3- our highways are just horrible in some places, question 4- you can have the tranny reprogrammed to downshift to 5th gear instead of 4th, the jakes don’t function when the cruise is set. I just do it manually. The 450 has a 38 ft turning radius as per Allen Barbie in the factory tour video. Question 5. On face of the overhead to the far left next to the surround sound speaker should be a digital readout for the musical horn selection and a list should be in the blue box or in the storage door below the drivers drink holder. Can’t help with question 6, I use what is on the dash and have no issues. Hope this helps!

Mike, thank you for letting me know that what I saw on the gauges was normal. I will check the jake downshift. If it is 4th (and I honestly can't tell you) I'll take it to Allison and have it reprogrammed. Did the same for the Alpine's exhaust brake. I do like the Jake brake sound better but now I'll have to turn it off when I see the signs..."no engine braking"
Van showed me the digital readout. Never would have looked there!

When/if....not ours yet, we get it home I am sure my post frequency will pick up just a wee bit.

Will need to winterize it unfortunately (won't fit in the Alpines heated bay) and put in a 50 amp service. Don't think my 20 amp will keep the inverters going and the batteries charged.

Tom and Patty
Hannah the "Big Dog"
and Abby the cat.
2005 M450 LXI
Alpine 2000 36 FDS