Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 03-31-2017

T mobile has the "international" plan which for an extra 25 bucks a month gives unlimited 4G LTE hotspot. You are only throttled when there is congestion (phone data gets priority over tethered data) but there is no cap. It's 25 bucks a month.
1984 FC35RB Sold
Old 03-31-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonB View Post
Michael, you are correct that there is always fine print. In this case, again according to online discussions with those that have it, the contract limitation says that after 10GB at 4G speeds they drop the speed to 600kbps (essentially 3G). As of a few days ago it has been reported that the contract is not yet being enforced, which is a typical scenario for new services.
Don,
I did significant due diligence on this and did not see throttling to 3G after 10gb, only prioritizing after 22g. (I know VZN's new unlimited plan throttles tethering after 10gb)

Any chance you can reference the source/blog related to AT&T $20 mifi plan? Also if throttled at 10gb, there would be no need to prioritize at 22gb.

Thanks!
Lance
1996 Infiniti i30t
Lancep50@gmail.com
https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...p?albumid=1010
Old 03-31-2017
Geek

Lance, you are right, at least that the 10GB does not apply - the thread was one on dslreports that was started about VZ unlimited, and drifted into other topics including the AT&T Mobley. The post in question intermingled both, and I misinterpreted which parts were which. Re-reading I see that the guy was talking about VZ when he listed the 600kbps/10GB limit.
Prior: 2004 M380 Double Slide
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 04-16-2017

Default Cheap ATT data and WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancep50 View Post
For those of you looking for a budget Unlimited Data plan on AT&T, you should consider this one. The link below gives you the details. $20/mo with a mifi for 5 devices.

https://slickdeals.net/f/9903008-at-...like-a-hotspot

As of yesterday, you can sign up and order directly from the AT&T website. It is a stand alone option. No previous account needed. They do run a credit check.

I picked up my device last week from Best Buy for $100, and went to an AT&T store for activation. It is a plug and play device using the OBD2 connector (used in most vehicles built after 1996). Since my vehicles did not qualify, I ordered a $5 connector from EBay and a $3 cig plug from WMT. Works great in my bus.

The new Mobley device out performed my Grandfathered Verizon Unlimited Data at my current location. Both stream HD with no problem. Unlimited data with the top 2 carriers at a reasonable cost is everything I could ever ask.
I bought the ATT Mobley with stand alone unlimited data plan and it works. I enjoy saving a dollar or two. Keirn is a Scottish name.

I bought it through the ATT web site and there was no activation charge and no contract. It comes in the mail activated. My first months bill (it's not pre pay) was $22.01 including 2.01 in tax and fees. I bought a 110 volt adapter for it from Amazon since my 1995 Bluebird doesn't have a OBD-II port. I cancelled my T-Mobile 6 Gig. data card that cost $35.00 a month.
Whats not to like?

Keirn Rush, Carolyn Rush
and Mike the Wanderdog.
New Bern, North Carolina
keirn@keirnrush.com
252-249-2628
95 BMC 37

Last edited by Keirn and Carolyn; 04-16-2017 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 04-16-2017

Keirn, can you share with us how you managed to get it without a contract and not pay the activation fee? I was just on the ATT site and the best I could see was a 2yr contract and $45 activation fee.
Old 04-16-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Keirn, can you share with us how you managed to get it without a contract and not pay the activation fee? I was just on the ATT site and the best I could see was a 2yr contract and $45 activation fee.
Go to att.com
then choose shop
then wireless
then connected car

then down the page to Mobley and click on "learn more" button (Note do not do the Audiovox choice - My understanding is that the Audiovox doesn't do WiFi.

Then click the orange "continue" button
then click the "new customer" button
Then go no annual contract (you have to pay $99.00 for the device and you own it.)

Then you see

"Pay $99.99 today with no service contract requirements.*
Upgrade any time, no restrictions.
$0 activation fee."

Then the continue button

Enter your zip code.

Then choose the unlimited plan at $20.00.

Then at the bottom of the page the orange "continue" button.

I always decline device protection.

Then check out like any other credit card purchase.

There will be a credit check for the $20 or 22.01 monthly fee so they ask you questions.

This will be a stand alone no annual contract data plan with a mobile device that runs off the diagnostic port in your car or camper. It will be a standard ATT unlimited plan which can all have their speed reduced at 22Gig.

My BMC is a 95 that doesn't have a diagnostic port so I had to purchase a power supply for it. I got a 110 volt supply because with the inverter I always have 110 volts available in the camper. As I keep my Bluebird next to my garage there is some coverage available to me in the house.

At home we are having a New Deck built and the house re-roofed yet this month but we hope to get all our ducks in a row and be able to come to the Maggie Valley get together the first of May. We will be glad to show any one of you there how this device works.

Keirn Rush, Carolyn Rush
and Mike the Wanderdog.
New Bern, North Carolina
keirn@keirnrush.com
252-249-2628
95 BMC 37
Old 04-17-2017
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

I bought mine and a 120v adapter on ebay, came from a man who got it at BB. I called the car connect number, they knew all about the $20 unlimited. I have an ATT cell phone account but I requested it be on a stand alone so I can add another later if it works. 10 minutes it is set up and working, she would not let me pay anything, said to call in later to set up payment plan. Name and password stamped on the device. It works better than my home DSL, probably because I can see the ATT tower 3 miles away on the mountain. I gave it to my helper who lives at my Commercial rental without DSL. He has been streaming movies for the last few days. I ordered another.

I really don't see how they do this and I expect it will be changed/ limited/ discontinued soon. But till then, it works. I am sure AT&T has a plan. I suspect they expect they will gain millions of accounts over night and it will be so overload it will be self regulation as it slows to a crawl. I am not going cut off my $90mo DSL just yet.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 04-17-2017
97 WLWB 43' Series 60

Keirn,

Thank you for sharing the process to get the Mobley.

Followed your steps and unfortunately the AT&T site is showing the Mobley is out of stock online.
EMail: cesalie2@yahoo.com

Wannabe Wanderer
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"
Old 04-17-2017
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesalie2 View Post
Keirn,

Thank you for sharing the process to get the Mobley.

Followed your steps and unfortunately the AT&T site is showing the Mobley is out of stock online.
I saw the same, then a half-hour later (about 10 minutes ago) I was showing it to an employee and it let me order, which I did.
Prior: 2004 M380 Double Slide
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 04-17-2017
97 WLWB 43' Series 60

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonB View Post
I saw the same, then a half-hour later (about 10 minutes ago) I was showing it to an employee and it let me order, which I did.
Don,

Thank you for the update!
Went online and was able to complete the order.
EMail: cesalie2@yahoo.com

Wannabe Wanderer
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"