Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions

Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions and related components.

Site Search:

Old 04-20-2017

What Andy said.
Here's my set up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1492729041027-1611726963.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	48356  
fmca 200288
eglider03@gmail.com
Old 04-24-2017

Further comments on the EEZ TPM system. The tire temperature monitoring accuracy of this system is not even remotely accurate and really cannot be with the sensor mounted on the end of the valve stem. I keep an infrared thermometer gun on board and spot check the tires and other components at rest and fuel stops. The difference is 20-25 degrees higher than the TPMS indicates. I am comfortable with this because pressure and temperature are directly proportional and I believe the TPMS pressure readings are reasonably accurate because it is supposed to be a calibrated system. I have found that the common 175 psi truck tire pressure gauges are so inaccurate its ridiculous to the point that I am going to purchase a Dill calibrated master gauge and adjustable pressure gauge. Out of the three truck tire pressure gauges I own, I checked them against the TPMS readings and have "chucked" two in the garbage. So, unless you purchase a system with internal tire wheel mounted sensors, don't believe the temperature indications. I had forgotten about the temperature indication when I made my other post and just wanted to clarify that to interested buyers of this TPMS.

Andy & Jean Harmon
Dakota (our Aussie traveling buddy)
Beverly Hills, FL
1996 WB42 (SOLD)
Old 04-24-2017

Just my 2 cents worth I'm here.
I have 8 new tires on order and think the perfect time to install a true TPMS is during that time. I've researched (nothing fancy) the internet, spoke to the manufacturer and truckers that have it as well as a bluebird owner that likes it. Lookup Continental's Conti pressure check system, there is a video on the system on the website. It's not cheap but niether is safety. I want to install it on the toad as well so 12 sensors are needed and a repeater/amplifier to read the vehicle in tow.
Old 04-24-2017

I'm using EEZRV system. I got it off Amazon last fall.
2 things:
If you don't have a TPMS, get one. I got new tires last year and didn't think much about them. When I installed the TPMS, the pressures were all sorts of imbalanced. Over the last couple of months (8k miles) the system has correctly notified me of slow leaks (**** dynabeads!) and high temperatures (Rabbit ears pass coming into Steamboat... Jake is your friend) 4 or 5 times.
The second thing is that if you get new tires and put any type of dynamic balancing bead in them, insist on the proper valve stems. As it turns out, none of mine have the filtered stems (Wasn't given the option and didn't know enough to ask)and most have had leakage issues. Quite frankly I would not recommend any of those bead systems.

but 2 thumbs up on the TPMS.
trideet@gmail.com
Old 04-24-2017
Burnin Up in Az. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelwheels View Post
Any updates on the EEZ-Tire system, I'm looking at purchasing this system ?

What sensors do you recommend flow though sensor or the cap type ?
I purchased the EEZ system a few years ago after a lot of research. They are based here in Tucson Arizona and warehouse in Quartzsite. They have the largest display, easy to program and use. I'm very happy with them and they are very accurate. I did not opt for the pass-thru type. You can replace the batteries and they use standard cheap batteries. Good bang-4-buck.
eMail=Mike.Putz@cox.net | Web=http://mikeputz.com/
Solar = https://www.solarpenny.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=257

FMCA #236459, Good Sam #17270530, Vintage Birds #1509
Old 04-25-2017
Huggie

Default TPMS. Doran RV System.

I just cranked up my Doran this afternoon works great. Have the crossfires with the Seperate shader valves for the rear. I believe the system I purchased can hold up to 16 sensors. I can fill the rears with a common shrader and leave the sensors alone. Measures Inner and outer tires independently. Saw the John Finn set up and went that way. Have not set up the over temp alarm yet. So really dont have any time with it. Only have 8 sensors right now so need to purchase two more for the Jeep. Programming is a little complicated but I used a 12volt supply at home and took my time with it. Manual suggests wiring it directly with a second wire in the pig tail to the ignition switch to take it out of stand by.

Mike
HUGGIE BEAR
281-853-4569
Old 07-04-2017

Finally installed the EEZ tpms system I bought. Setup and install was pretty straightforward. I put 8 on the coach and 2 on my tow dolly. Drove it half an hour this morning back to my barn. I noticed in that time the pressures on the front and drive tires increased about 10 psi from cold, and the tags a little less. Will see how it does on a longer trip later in the month.
VB 1570
Old 07-04-2017
Geek

Running temps make pressure changes of fairly startling amounts. I usually see at least a 20 psi rise on the front, more when it is hot. Also common to see 5 or more psi difference between left and right when headed mostly east or west, as one side receives sun and the other doesn't.
Prior: 2004 M380 Double Slide
Prior: 1990 WB40 "Blue Thunder"
My location: www.bbirdmaps.com/user2.cfm?user=1
Old 07-04-2017

Just to add to the mix. I currently have the Tire Minder system. It is a total POS. The pressures are very inaccurate. I have changed sensors, sent sensors back to the company, and I still have reading that are up to 25PSI off the mark (always low) Sometimes I can have a sensor say 85psi. I pull it off, check the pressure with a known good gauge and get 115psi. Screw the same sensor back on and it will read 110psi
Customer service has been good. They have given me several new sensors and all new batteries but the problems persist.

Stay away from this one!

I am shopping for a new system EEZ or Pressure Pro or TST
Pressure Pro looks like it could get real expensive but does integrate with Silverleaf
EEZ system looks too much like the one I have that doesn't work.
At this point I am leaning to the TST Internal system.
I plan to buy 2 tires this year for the steers, 4 drives next year and then 2 steers the following year, moving the 2 year old steers to the tag. I'll run both systems until I get all the tires swapped out.

All my tires are 3.5 years old now but are Chinese. No issues but I want them off the steer.
87 FC35 "Old School"
RShrimp@Yahoo.com
Old 07-04-2017

The tire temp most likely isn't accurate unless it's a tpms mounted inside the wheel, but I didn't buy the system for that feature. I like the ability to set each axle to its own pressures. I like the monitor ams how it scans. It reads accurately too, as I checked with my gauge before installing each sensor and compared the numbers.
VB 1570