Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 3 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
Nice, it would be good to have the tool for doing this. I was going to look into making one for when I do my injectors. I saw one for sale on eBay and there's no way I'm paying that much!
Yea, I have been looking and have not been even able to find one for sale right now, not to mention how much they are... I just noticed my younger brother just commented on my video about making one, he is a machinist so I am sure we can come up with something. I need to make a trip down to see him and we can come up with something. The last time I was there, my other brother who is a machinist helped and made a nice cap for my fuel filler.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2493 (2).jpg
Views:	28
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	64149

Jeff LoGiudice
1984LodgeJeff@gmail.com
Temple Terrace, Florida
1984 Bluebird PT40
#F063411 6V92TA & MT654CR
& 1986 MCI 102A3
6V92TA & HT740

http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #460
Old 3 Days Ago

Nice! I have all the CNC gear here to make the stuff, too. I have Jakes on mine and the regular tool won't fit without taking them off. Maybe there's a way around that, who knows.
Old 2 Days Ago
Gardner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984Lodge View Post
I have noticed some pretty good black smoke when I take off from a start.
Mine dumps lots of black smoke when starting from a dead stop. There are a couple of "throttle delay" systems Detroit implemented to delay the throttle to allow time for the boost pressure to build. One used an oil operated system and one used a boost pressure operated system. A lot of folks disabled them as it really delayed getting moving from a dead stop. It takes long enough without it

Yours has the oil operated system. It is between the two forward cylinders on the street side. It has a lever that slows the advance of the throttle as the oil drains out of the mechanism.
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey