Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Parts and Other Items For Sale

Parts and Other Items For Sale Have a part or other item that you want to sell? List it here.

Site Search:

Old 02-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD33 View Post
Item

I did not know that Lucas made injector pumps
Reminds me of an old joke that anyone who has owned a British car will understand.... why do they drink warm beer in England? because Lucas make refrigerators
Funny! I had a '69 Triumph Bonneville with Lucas lighting. We called Lucas the Prince of Darkness.
"The Aviary"
Old 02-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfedeli View Post
Debbie- Here are photos of my pump. The numbers are pretty easy to read and yours should be a close match. These Lucas/CAV pumps are "bulletproof" and usually last over 7500 hours with normal use. My Perkins really quieted down with the rebuilt pump, injectors and new insulation. I also adjusted the valves and that made a big difference. Removing the old Kohler genny and replacing it with the Stamford brushless generator was one of the upgrades that I should have done from the start. I spent countless thousand$$ trying to keep that old piece of caca working right and should have tossed it to the curb when I got the coach. The Perkins engine, on the other hand, is great. It's easy to work on and get parts for.
Shane, you are my hero. I've transcribed the stampings and forwarded photos and all to the shop, along with the Perkins parts lists and a photo of where to find the Perkins' number, all of which I found in the Files section.

Now, while I'm flak-ing with the shop -- does the above translate as "go ahead and rebuild the Lucas pump" or just "replace the injectors."

At this point I have told him to go ahead and do the fluids and filters, so I'm bracing myself for the Perkins overhaul somewhen downline. My real question with this genset is I don't know in what increments those 3500+ hours have been accrued, in terms of wear/use pattern....

I tell you what, I am fit to take off from work for the Lone Star Birds rally....

Debbie Huffman Grey
Finally full-timing / Kids in Houston, Texas
1985 PT-40 "Festina Lente"
1993 Toyota Pickup "Phoenix"
FMCA 424082 VB 1639 SKP 112690 GS Life Member
Old 02-13-2012

Default Roadmaster Xl Base Plate Kit-Removable Arms

Roadmaster XL series hidden brackets attach to the towed vehicle's frame and provide attachment points for tow bars. Tfhe visible portion of the brackets can be removed when you are not towing. This product fits the following vechicles: 2002-2005 Jeep Liberty without brushgaurd.

Asking $250.00 plus shipping.