Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Generators

Generators In this forum we will try to answer any of your questions about the different model generators that can be found on Blue Bird coach's.

Site Search:
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Default Generator Exhaust Stacks

Here you will find different designs of exhaust stacks for generators of all types found on 'Birds of different vintages, such as Perkins, Onan, etc. These stacks are designed to route the exhaust from the generators up and away from ground level, so that when you are dry camping for long durations in a close proximity to other campers, the fumes from your generator exhaust will not disturb your neighboring campers, such as at Maxton, the Pre-Rally at RITV, Oshkosh, Auto races, etc.
  • Exhaust Stack for Perkins
    Here you will find an exhaust stack designed by John Finn made from formed Aluminized steel exhaust tubing, that is used on a '82 FC35RB model 'Bird equipped with a Perkins generator, that uses a sliding exhaust system (it also can be used on the other type of exhaust systems) This design is stored on the roof of the 'Bird while in transit, but has been used while it was still attached to the 'Bird while moving it for short trips of a mile or two.

PERKINS GENERATOR EXHAUST STACK INSTALLED.jpg
    A descriptive photo of how the exhaust stack is installed on the side of a 'Bird.

PERKINS GENERATOR EXHAUST STACK.jpg
    A descriptive photo of how I built, use and store the Perkins generator exhaust stack.

PERKINS GENERATOR ONE PIECE SLIDING EXHAUST.jpg
    A descriptive photo of how I replaced the old style exhaust that slid into a cone and had a flex pipe, into a more stable exhaust system on my Perkins generator, that does not leak.
Closed Thread