Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Forum Help

Forum Help Get help here if you're having trouble using the forum

Site Search:

Old 07-31-2012
Black Sheep Division

Question Website kicks me out after I sign in????

About a week ago, I started having problems with this website.

When I sign in, I get the page that says "thank you for signing in Oldmansax" & then I am redirected to the forum index page. However, it takes me to the basic sign in page instead & shows I am NOT signed in. I can then go the the address bar & wipe out the end of the address "/forums/index/" and I will get the correct page showing I AM signed in & having the correct tool bars at the top (user cp, buybyebluebird, FAQ, etc.)

I am using Firefox 10.x & have my machine set to wipe all saved pages & temp files every time I shutdown. I am not having any problems with any other sites or forums I belong too.

Any ideas? suggestions? Wild guesses?

TOM
Old 07-31-2012
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansax View Post
About a week ago, I started having problems with this website.

When I sign in, I get the page that says "thank you for signing in Oldmansax" & then I am redirected to the forum index page. However, it takes me to the basic sign in page instead & shows I am NOT signed in. I can then go the the address bar & wipe out the end of the address "/forums/index/" and I will get the correct page showing I AM signed in & having the correct tool bars at the top (user cp, buybyebluebird, FAQ, etc.)

I am using Firefox 10.x & have my machine set to wipe all saved pages & temp files every time I shutdown. I am not having any problems with any other sites or forums I belong too.

Any ideas? suggestions? Wild guesses?

TOM

What is your Internet Service Provider? Are you using a Router? Can you access http://www.buybyebluebird.com/ can you access http://shopfloortalk.com/forums/index.php

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 07-31-2012
WanderBee

I would wipe out my cookies on the browser and then login again - clicking the "remember me" box (or does it say "Keep me logged?").
Marietta, GA
Old 07-31-2012
Black Sheep Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
What is your Internet Service Provider? Are you using a Router? Can you access http://www.buybyebluebird.com/ can you access http://shopfloortalk.com/forums/index.php
Multiple service providers. This is the laptop I use for business so I connect to several ISPs over the course of a week, some wired, some wireless. I have four systems I use at my home office. Three have routers & one is an Autonet direct with no router. Same results no matter what I use. I can access both of those websites with no problems. I can't access any member related content on shopfloortalk because I am not a member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joatha View Post
I would wipe out my cookies on the browser and then login again - clicking the "remember me" box (or does it say "Keep me logged?").
Cookies get wiped every time I close Firefox and "remember me" doesn't work for the same reason. I don't have any software remember passwords on anything. I type them in every time. A custom .bat file runs upon each shutdown to wipe cache files, flush dns, temp files and some other things. I also have installed NOScript (this site is allowed to use script, but I got my eye on 'ya! ) and DoNotTrack (this site doesn't track anyway). I work for a lot of doctors, accountants, & attorneys, so I can't afford ANY security breeches. I used a virtual keyboard & carried 2 different laptops around for a long while but finally started using only one as I have improved security measures.

I thought perhaps some security procedures had changed on this site & it wasn't not recognizing me because I flush everything all the time. This just started about a week ago, and again, I have no problems anywhere else.

TOM