Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Forum Help

Forum Help Get help here if you're having trouble using the forum

Site Search:

Old 05-02-2008
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Default Post Options

Hi John & Randy,

Is it possible to add a "Cancel" button to the choice of "Submit" and "Preview" in case you change your mind about posting the message you are typing? I have been deleting the incomplete message and then leaving the page but it seems like a "Cancel" option would be helpful.

Also, almost everytime I try to submit a post I get the message that I am not Logged on and don't have permission to post even though I was logged on when I started typing. Is there a way to increase the amount of time before you get logged off by the system so that you have more time to compose and submit a post without having to log on again to send it?
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 05-02-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselbird01 View Post
Hi John & Randy,

Is it possible to add a "Cancel" button to the choice of "Submit" and "Preview" in case you change your mind about posting the message you are typing? I have been deleting the incomplete message and then leaving the page but it seems like a "Cancel" option would be helpful.

Also, almost everytime I try to submit a post I get the message that I am not Logged on and don't have permission to post even though I was logged on when I started typing. Is there a way to increase the amount of time before you get logged off by the system so that you have more time to compose and submit a post without having to log on again to send it?

Hi John,

If you are talking about while you are first putting your message together, the only option is to highlight the complete body of the message and then use the backspace button on your keyboard, that will wipe out the entire message that you had typed and then you can start over again. there is no CANCEL feature available that I know of on VBulletin.

Try using Internet Explorer to access the forum if you are having problems while using your normal ISP that has helped some forum members in the past with what they thought was a problem with the forum itself.

If this doesn't help you out, send me your phone number in a private message through the forum or directly to me by email at iamflagman@aol.com and I will call you and see if we can resolve the issue.

Please be patient as I am just getting things put together and the race car loaded, to head out of town and go racing for about three weeks, but I will have access to the forum through my cel phone only between 9pm and 6am Monday - Friday and on the weekends, unless I can find a free Wi-Fi Hotspot to use on the way.

I will check the forum again just before I leave later today, so maybe we can resolve this before I leave, it would be easier that way.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 05-02-2008
Administrator

" Is there a way to increase the amount of time before you get logged off by the system so that you have more time to compose and submit a post without having to log on again to send it?"

John,

Check the "Remember Me " box, next to the log in user name
Old 05-03-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pape View Post
" Is there a way to increase the amount of time before you get logged off by the system so that you have more time to compose and submit a post without having to log on again to send it?"

John,

Check the "Remember Me " box, next to the log in user name
Thanks Bill,

It looks like you've cured my getting logged out problem.

After reading your reply I did some research about vBulletin. From what I read it looks like checking the "Remember Me?" box causes vBulletin to store two cookies on your computer called bbuserid & bbpassword. Without those cookies it looks like vBulletin logs you out after a preset default time.

I checked the "Remember Me" box like you suggested and this time and I didn't get logged out.

Thanks Again,
Body Number F095567

Old 05-03-2008

John,
Here's what I've found works well to delete any message before it's posted; I just hit the refresh button for Windows Explorer. It refreshes the page without sending any mesage, nor does it keep any message you've started. I found it by accident one day. I started posting, got severely side tracked, refreshed the page to see if anything had occurred and viola!- no more message, so I had to retype everything I already had. Hope this helps. The remember me is great. I have it for every computer and every forum I visit.

don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- poor products with poor support
Old 05-03-2008

Thanks (fxdwg) John,

I'm just suprised that Vbulletin didn't include a "Cancel" button to give you a convenient "one click" way to leave the "Reply to Thread" page if you decide not to post a message. Maybe they'll add it to a future version.
Body Number F095567

Old 05-03-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselbird01 View Post
Thanks (fxdwg) John,

I'm just suprised that Vbulletin didn't include a "Cancel" button to give you a convenient "one click" way to leave the "Reply to Thread" page if you decide not to post a message. Maybe they'll add it to a future version.
I think that you may have missed the key words in my statement "there is no CANCEL feature available that I know of on VBulletin"

JOHN FINN
1982 FC35RB
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 05-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
I think that you may have missed the key words in my statement "there is no CANCEL feature available that I know of on VBulletin"
I'm sorry if I came of sounding critical in my above post, but that wasn't intended. I just want the forum members to know that I am not that much more knowledgeable about the VBulletin forum format than most of you, but I'm still trying to learn, you know teach an OLD DOG new tricks

I haven't seen this feature on any of the other VBulletin style forums that I frequent either, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

JOHN FINN
1982 FC35RB
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
REMEMBER 9/11