Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Generators

Generators In this forum we will try to answer any of your questions about the different model generators that can be found on Blue Bird coach's.

Site Search:

Old 12-14-2009

Default Tucson

Anybody in the Tucson area with a 70s-80s FC that would care to give me a listen to their diesel genny? Am seeking to experience the noise/vibration to decide about install for long-term boondocking.

(Just bought an old Bird without a genny and am wondering whether to install one in the designated compartment or in a trailer that would be my constant companion.)
Old 12-14-2009

If you don't install a genny in the compartment Honda makes very nice quiet units which are pretty darned nice which could be managed a number of different ways. Having had trailers and hauled generators around it sure is nice to have them as they are in a BB factory installed. Expensive however. So many factors to consider. Essentially you are going to have to spend for convenience or save money and compromise. Might not be so bad it you are planning to haul a trailer anyways (for other uses) but it would be a decided pain in the back side to pull a trailer just for the generator. Again it comes down to money in this as is it so often with motor homes and especially fixing up BB's. If you can swing the money and plan to really fix up the bus I'd go with an onan or CAT diesel generator and install it correctly. I think if the compartment is sound insulated and a nice new generator is used you will have no complaints about the sound at all. All it takes in MONEY. I would think you could buy a nice Honda which would do a pretty fair job for you for $3000, about a third or forth perhaps of a new onan. Do you have a trailer? They are not giving them away either.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 12-14-2009
ANOTHER REDNECK

how is the 8.3 in the fc pictures ~~~~needed~!!!!!!!!

you will be the first c series in it ..........
Just a Hobby Shop now-Bird Repairs upon Appt and my Schedule -USAR Retired
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571